Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 9, 2011

Built to Play Layout

Today I'm participating in Cricut Craft Rooms Scrapbook Saturday event to showcase one of my layouts.  This is a layout that I created using the Wrap It Up, Boys Will Be Boys and B is for Boy cartridges.
The title for the layout was cut from the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge at 2.5 inches.  I have seen this title used on several other layouts so I admit that I "scraplifted" the title, however, at this time I don't recall which designers used it so I am not able to give them credit. 
The blue robot was cut from B is for Boy Lite cartridge at 6.0 inches.  I added a metal button to his tummy to add some hardware to him.
The green robot was cut from the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge at 5.5 inches.
The last robot was cut from the Wrap It Up cartridge at 5.5 inches.  I used some metal brads to also add some hardware to him.
I added a lot of faux stitching to this layout with a white gel pen.  My intent was to make the die cuts stand out from the multiple patterns used in this layout.  Each of the robots are also popped up on foam dots so they don't blend into the background.  The arrows throughout the layout were cut from the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge at 1.5 inches.

7 comments:

  1. Very cute layout! Great use of patterned paper. I love the robots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute layout.. I love the robots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Paper ! Great LO .... I did not know Wrap it up had a robot !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is just so stinking cute!!! Love the LO and those cute little robots! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the use of the metal and arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used all the hardware on the robots - great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Great details on the robots :)

    ReplyDelete