Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 14, 2011

Me and My Sisters Layout

I created this girly layout to use for some fun pictures of me and my sisters.  I used the Summer in Paris and Gypsy Font cartridges for this layout.
The title was cut from the Gypsy Font cartridge and welded together on my Gypsy.  The dress form, french maid and crown were cut from the Summer in Paris Cartridge.
I cut off the feather duster in the french maid's hand so she didn't look like a maid.  Now she looks like she is holding that big diamond ring on the patterned paper behind her.
I used a Martha Stewart Border punch to add the lacy border between the two patterned papers.  I also used white foam flowers, diamond stickles and a white gel pen to accent the die cuts.  The die cuts were popped up on foam dots for the dimensional affect.
I used three layers for the mats to break up all of the patterned papers in this layout.

6 comments:

  1. very cute new follower...http://jackrabbitscrappin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job. I did think she was holding the make-up brush and ring:-) That a way to "think outside the cut";-)

    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout! I will definitely scraplift to make a layout of my sisters and me too! TFS
    I look forward to your postings every week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful LO! The colors and elements work together so gorgeously... and I love how you made her "hold" the ring! Brilliant. :o)

    Hugs and blessings! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LoVe your new layout. I thought she was holding the ring to. I’m a new follower. http://cat2jona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete