Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

August 8, 2011

Disney Friends Layout

Today I am a Guest Designer for Crazy About Cricut and it is Mickey and Friends Monday.  I have created a two page layout using the Mickey and Friends and Mickey Font cartridges.
I recently made this layout to scrapbook some pictures from our trip to Disneyland last year.
Each of the characters are cut from the Mickey and Friends cartridge at 4.0 inches.  When cutting out Disney characters, it is best not to cut them any smaller than about 4.0 inches.
There are many small pieces to each of the characters.  I leave the pieces on my mat as I put each character together.  This way I don't lose any pieces.
If you're new to using your Cricut, it is also helpful to use the cartridge handbook so you can see what pieces need to be cut out and in which color.
The title for this layout is cut from the Mickey Font cartridge at 2.0 inches.  Instead of using the shadow feature for this font I just cut the title out twice in different colors and offset the layers.  
The Mickey ears on top of each of the photo mats was also cut from the Mickey Font cartridge at 2.0 inches.  The Mickey ticket is also cut from the Mickey Font cartridge at 3.0 inches.  
I also used a white gel pen to add extra detail to some of the die cuts.

16 comments:

  1. What a cute layout! I will definitely scraplift! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your layouts look FABULOUS!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LOs! Your work is perfect...so professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layouts, your cuts are so detailed, they look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I'm always amazed to see anyones work with these detailed Disney cuts! They are a labor of love for sure! The stitching is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot this week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing layout! Those Disney cuts are often hard to work with. You did great. I didn't see a link back to our challenge on your post, but thank you for joining us at Scrapalicious USA blog! :) ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute layout!! I love how you have the disney characters on the picture mattes! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW LOVE it!! thanks for playing with Scrapalicious USA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness this is fabulous! I LOVE all of the details. I'm sure this took you a while to do with all those beautiful details. Amazing. Thanks for playing with us this month at scrapalicious usa.
    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! My littlest one would love it. I really like the white pen detail. Thanks for linking up this week at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling LO !!! The detailing is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so bright and fun! The doodling is such a great touch and adds so much to the layout!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute layout. Love the detailing you did the the gel pen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! I love all things Disney-Great use of the Cricut shapes. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutter.org

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute. It's amazing what some dots with the white gel pen can do!

    Kim
    http://uscrap2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete