Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

August 19, 2011

School Friends Layout

In honor of back to school this week, I created this School Friends layout using the Locker Talk and Don Juan cartridges.  I love this notebook paper that I had in my stash.
The title "School Friends", laptop, pennant and calculator were all cut from Locker Talk.  The letters for the pennant were cut from the Don Juan Cartridge.
This was my first project using baker's twine and I really like the look of it on the photo mats. 
I also added a button with some twine to the laptop.  I used my white gel pen to add lots of faux stitching to my layout.
I will be using this layout for the Cricut 360Whimsical WednesdayDie Cuttin Divas, and 2 Sister Challenge Blog Back to School Challenges.  This layout is also being entered into The Paper Variety Threads challenge.

14 comments:

  1. What a fun and cool layout. Thanks for joining us at Cricut360.


    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are terrific! Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout!! The baker's twine turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute lo.love the laptop with the button.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool LO!!!! I love the colors you used...Thanks for joining us at DCD!!!

    Mistyrose
    Die Cutting Diva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job--glad you joined us at Cricut 360 this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice double-layout!!! Thank you for joining in on the fun this week at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your layout. TFS with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice LO! The stitching looks great! Thanks for joining us for the Back to School challenge at Whimsical Wednesday!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great LO! The color scheme is wonderful. The twine and faux stitching are excellent choices, not to mention the sweet button! Beautiful work on this project! Thank you for playing along with us at whimsical Wednesday! :o)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout! I love the colors and the notebook look on the side of the LO! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME job with your layouts!I LOVE all the cool details,To cute!Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your layout is so fun! I love the laptop and the twine! Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice LO! Perfect choice of paper and die cuts. Thanks for joining us at Cricut360.

    Leirad
    leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete