Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

October 29, 2011

My Creative Time Design Team Call

The very talented Emma from My Creative Time is having her very first Design Team Call.  I became a follower of Emma's blog when I first got my Gypsy.  Her Gypsy videos really showed me how to use my Gypsy.  I quickly learned all of the function keys and now I can't even use my Cricut without my Gypsy.   If you are new to the Gypsy I would highly recommend that you visit Emma's blog and watch all of her videos.  Not only does Emma have great instructional videos but she is a very talented designer and has a great line of stamps and dies.  I love that her stamps are so unique.  I would love to have the opportunity to join her design team and showcase her stamps.  I created this 5x7 card for my entry for the design team call.
For this card I used the Sophisticated and Summer in Paris cartridges. The Sophisticated cartridge was used to cut the frame, flowers and the sentiment tag.  The frame was cut at 6.75 inches to which I added a pearly, embossed cardstock to the background to lighten up the card.  I cut the flowers at 2.0 inches, however, discarded the third layer as it was too large for my card.  The sentiment tag was cut at 1.0 inches.  I used a stamp from Inkadinkado as I do not own any of Emma's stamps.  However, I did win a set recently and can't wait to get them!  The sentiment stamp is stamped on a metallic cardstock which adds to the vintage look of the card.
The dress form was cut from the Summer in Paris cartridge at 5.75 inches and I flipped the image on my Gypsy.  I added some tulle to the dress form to make a skirt with some ribbon and pearl stickers on the waist.
I also added some twine to the card and embellished it with pearl stickers.  Good luck to all the talented designers who entered the design team call, I know Emma will have a tough decision to make.  Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. So pretty and elegant! The tulle adds a nice touch! Nice job and good luck with the DT call :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! Good luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pearl stickers :) I too can not use my cricut with out my gypsy Dont you just love that thing! :) good luck on the DT call

    Micia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been a big fan of your work since you started your blog. Love this card! Emma would be very lucky to have you on her Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the tulle. Good luck :)

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very chic. I'm loving that tulle that you added. Great job! Good luck! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. Love the cuts that you used and the vintage feel to it and I especially love the tulle detail. Good luck on the DT Call!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Glora. Very chic. That tulle is the pefect added touch. Best of luck. Smooches... Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is stunning. I love the colors and the overall design. WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love this to pieces!!! Best of luck to you!!

    Hugs,
    Tracey
    www.trailoftreasures.com

    ReplyDelete