Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

November 30, 2011

Merry Christmas Layout

Today I am sharing this bright and cheery layout that I created with the Jolly Holidays lite cartridge. This is one of my favorite holiday cartridges and I will be using it quite a bit over the next few weeks.
This is a super easy cartridge to use because of the simple layers.  I used a patterned paper for the background but added a solid red and some white for snow to break up the busy pattern.
There were only 4 ornaments for the Christmas tree with the cut so I used a couple of different hole punches to add some extra ornaments.  
I also used my snowflake punch to add some snowflakes to the layout and to the corners of the photo mats.
I accented my layout with some stickles, my white gel pen and added some twine for the extra touch.
I used the "hide" feature on my Gypsy to hide the elf's face so I could use my Wide Eyed Peachy Keen stamp instead.  Isn't he just adorable?
Challenges:

10 comments:

  1. i love this layout! great job


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable layout! I love the little Christmas scene!
    Thanks for playing along at She's A Sassy Lady today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a great layout, sooo cute! thanks for sharing with us at whimdesigns be sure to come back tomorrow and check out our sneak peak kickoff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable layout! I love the whole scene you created! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love that everything came from the same cart! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO's!!! The paper is awesome and the cuts look so good with it, too!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, what a sweet layout! Thank you for joining us at Scrapalicious!! ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness your layout is just the cutest!!! So much detail, love it!!!
    Thanks for playing with us at WW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cute Christmas Layout! I also like how you changed the face on the elf! Great Job! Thank you for joining us at Scrapalicious USA, Cindy

    ReplyDelete