Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

November 9, 2011

Stampin' Up Design Day

Welcome to another Stampin' Up Design Day.  For my Stampin' Up design project I made some candy sticks to use for Thanksgiving.  I haven't decided if I will have the candy sticks in a glass like the first picture or in a napkin ring as shown below.  Please let me know your thoughts in a comment.
I  didn't realize Stampin' Up carried these 1"x8" clear bags to make the candy sticks.  They are very inexpensive and make such great treats.  I filled the bags with Reese's Pieces to stay with the Fall color theme.
I used the Thanksgiving cartridge to cut out out the turkey and the place card.  I added the turkey with pop dots to the scalloped circle which was cut from the Sentimentals cartridge.  The patterned paper for the scalloped circle and the place card is Stampin' Up Spice Cake, this paper is so pretty and adds to the Fall theme.
The "Thank You" sentiment is from the Perfectly Penned Stampin' Up stamp set which was stamped with the espresso Stampin' Up stamp pad.  I also inked the edges of the top layer of the place card with the espresso ink.
I embellished the place card and the the candy topper with some twine and added a little bit of doodling to the turkey with my white gel pen.
If you would like some of these clear bags to make candy sticks for the upcoming holidays or other Stampin' Up products, please contact Wendy Cranford at her Stampin' Up website.  You can also visit her Stampin' Up blog, here.  Please check back often for workshops, giveaways and special promotions.  Thanks for stopping by!
Challenges:
Die Cuttin Divas - Let's be thankful
My Craft Spot - Gobble til you wobble
Paper Playtime - Thank you projects
Whimsical Designs -  Happy Turkey Day
CARDZ TV - We're so thankful
Scrappy Moms - 3D project with twine and/or a button
Crafty Sprouts - Anything goes

25 comments:

  1. Great idea! I like them in the napkin ring. What a nice surprise for your dinner guests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a cute idea! I saw these tubes on sale and wondered what someone would do with them, now i know!

    I am the Guest Designer at 3 Girl Jam today and they gave me some candy to give away. Stop by if you get a chance. Everybody is welcome!
    Hugs!
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo pretty! I love the beautiful shape of your thank you card! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so great! I think you could do some in a glass on the table for decoration and then one at each place setting! AND I must say I am STEALING the idea for Thanksgiving ;-) My in laws always have a large crowd and this will be fun to have setting around for everyone.... Love that you did the reeses pieces to keep the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME job with your project,I LOVE IT!SOOO COOL!!Thank you so much for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun treats and great placecards! I love the colors and twine! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable and so clever! Thanks for playing along with us over at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute and such a great idea! I LOVE them tucked into the napkin rings - what a great way to accent the Thanksgiving table. Thank you for plaing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Love the treat favors. I need to get myself some of these. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Turkey and the treat bags are wonderful. They look yummy! The Thank You card is terrific, love the colors you used.
    TFS!
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome!!!! What a fantastic idea. Love the place cards, too. I like them both in the glass and with the napkin ring. Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute idea for treats!!! And I love the place cards! Very pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!
    hugs,
    joni

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty.Love the shape of your place cards.Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just so pretty and I really like to see them in the cup better! Good luck from Crafty Sprouts!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice, thanks for joining CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shared your blog link on my blog!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great project! Thanks for joining DCD this week! ~Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely projects! I especially like the long candy bag toppers that you made!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper
    smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail.com [remove spaces]

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that turkey. Very cool treat sticks. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sprouts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are awesome! Thanks for playing with us at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, these are so beautiful! (And tasty!) The paper is gorgeous and I love the place card shape. The scalloped background is perfect with the ruffled feathers and sweet twine bows. While both options are wonderful, I particularly LOVE them nestled inside the napkin ring! :o) Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesday! :o)

    Hugs and blessings! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful project. The possibilities are endless.... I like your idea of placing them with the napkin.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Too cute and what a fun idea for Thnksgvng!!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sprouts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you are going to have a beautiful table on Thursday!!! TY for joining us over at Crafty Sprouts!!
    kacee

    ReplyDelete