Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

December 6, 2011

Decorated Candle Jar

For today's project I decorated a Yankee candle jar.  I bought this candle for one of my co-workers who is coordinating all of the adopt a family and needy family donations at work.  This is a huge project in itself.  I thought it would be nice to recognize her Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) with my own RAK for her.  Since the candle looked so simple I thought I would personalize it with my Cricut. All of the cuts for the jar are from the Sophie cartridge.
I created a snowflake border with my Gypsy by welding 4 snowflakes together sized at 3.30 inches.  I used the shadow feature behind the snowflake and added a red shadow. I tied the border together with some Christmas ribbon on the back side of the candle.
I cut the center snowflake doily at 4.3 and 2.3 inches in red and 3.3 and 1.7 inches in white.  I layered the snowflakes by alternating the red and white and added pop dots between the layers.  I finished off the snowflake doily with a button and some Stampin' Up twine.
To create the card, I used the card feature on the Sophie cartridge and cut the card at 3.0 inches.  I ended up trimming off the edges of the card so it would look more like a tag.  I trimmed off approximately 1/2 inch on each side of the card.
I used the same snowflake for the card but sized the red one at 2.5 inches and the white one at 1.5 inches. The tag was also finished off with a button and some twine.  I punched a hole in the corner to tie it to the jar.
I am loving the look of the dressed up candle, I will be combining several challenges with my creation.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

19 comments:

  1. Snow beautiful! You did a great job on this! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis
    pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowflakes came out so pretty! Great way to dress up the candle! She is sure to love and appreciate this!

    Thanks for joining us at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. A great way to fancy up a Yankee candle. And what a thoughtful thing to do for your co-worker. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime.

    Heather ~ DT member
    www.princesspaperprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so BEAUTIFUL! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you decorated the Jar. Great idea!

    Be sure to link it up on the challenges. :0)

    Catarina aka docerela

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely-- your friend is really going to love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I think I need this cartridge! Thanks for sharing it with us at DCD.
    -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty.Love your snowflakes.Thanks for playing at Scraptastic Monday and CTO.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is beautifil. Thank you for joining us over at Cindy's Scraptastic Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! I love the layered snowflakes and how they glitter. Thanks for playing at Scraptastic Mondays and Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS job with your AWESOME candle!I LOVE the pretty snowflakes,idea and the colors, Just BEAUTIFUL!!!Thank you so much for playing along at Scraptastic Mondays!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you decorated the candle jar with the tag. Great colors. Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i adore your snow flakes. your dressed up candle is beautiful. thanks for sharing with us at scraptasticmondays AND whimdesigns :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautifully decorated candle, and the perfect gift!! LOVE the snowflakes!! Thanks for celebrating with us this week at CTO!

    Hugs,
    Tracey - CTO DT member
    www.trailoftreasures.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful project! I love all the snowflakes. Great job on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at Scraptastic Mondays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty candle wrap!!!
    I am sure your co-worker will love it!
    Thanks for joining us at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, this is so absolutely gorgeous!! I love everything about it!! Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

    Lisa
    FCCB Design Team Member
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those snowflakes are gorgeous! What a fabulous idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete