Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

December 28, 2011

Frosty Layout

Today I am sharing this "Frosty" layout that I created for a couple of challenges.  This layout was created using the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art and Winter Frolic cartridges.
I have had this paper in my stash from when I first started scrapbooking.  I remember the pre-Cricut days when I would buy patterned paper and just stick my pictures on it with a few embellishments.  I essentially did the same thing with this layout except I added my favorite snowmen from the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art cartridge.
I have used these snowmen for various projects over the past month.  The snowmen and their cute little faces quickly became one of my favorite seasonal creations.  I used the Peachy Keen Happy Lashes Stamp for their faces, some pearl stickers for the buttons and some twine for their hats.
The "Frosty" title was cut from the Winter Frolic cartridge and the snowflakes are from a punch.  I added some bling to the center of the snowflake to embellish it.  A pop dot was added between the snowflake layers to add some dimension to it.
The photo mats were embossed with the Darice Snowflakes embossing folder.  The snowmen were popped up on foam dots to add dimension and I used my white gel pen for a few little details.
I am entering this layout in the Thankful Party challenge at DL.ART Thankful Thursday because I am so thankful for my creative outlet.  I enjoy all things crafty and am thankful that I am able to spend time doing what I love.  Although this project was newly created, it uses my favorite snowman cut from this year.
Challenges:

11 comments:

  1. So cute and so festive thank you for linking up to my Thankful party.
    I hope you will join in on my Anniversary blog hop on Jan 1st, 2012
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! Love when the background paper can do lots of the work for you. Pretty embossed mats! Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful LO. Thank you so much for joining CWC.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the LO. Your so good at that. Cute snowman


    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun lay-out! Love how nice the title frosty came out!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful layout. love those peachy faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This layout is awesome! Love your paper and your snowpeople are simply adorable!! Thanks for sharing your favorite 2011 project with Cooking with Cricut!
    Happy New Year!
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the scrapbook pages that have images/decorations already on them. Your LO is adorable..the PK face is sooo cute. Thanks for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays:) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is so cute.. love your little snowmen
    thnx for playing along with us girls over at Whimsical Wednesdays.
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those snowmen are adorable! Love the layout. Thanks for linking up your favorite 2011 project at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Really nice layout! Thanks for joining us this week on Cooking with Cricut :)

    ReplyDelete