Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

December 20, 2011

Ornament

Today I am sharing this two piece plastic ornament which was purchased from Michaels.  This ornament was inspired by Goody Bag Diva, she has a great tutorial on her blog.  I created this ornament with a glitter paper background which is a circle cut at 3.05 inches from the George and Basic Shapes cartridge.  The circle fits securely between the two ornament halves.
I simply added the snowman scene to the glitter circle background.  The snowman is from the Joys of the Season cartridge cut at 2.3 inches.  The snowman had a broom in his hand but I hid that feature with my Gypsy since the ornament has very little space in it.  The two trees are cut from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge at 2.5 inches.  I used my white gel pen to the tips of the trees for a snowy affect.
I finished off my snowman scene with some pearl buttons, some sparkly snowflakes which are stickers from my stash and some quilt batting for the snow.  I also used a black gel pen for the eyes and mouth of the snowman.
I tied a bow made out of tulle at the top of the ornament.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

7 comments:

  1. Cute ornament. Love the pearl buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VEry Cute! Love the snowman! Thanks for playing at Exploring Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornament is Winter White Wonderful! Thank you for joining Die Cuttin' Divas for our Holiday Decor Challenge.

    Happy Holidays to you,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ornament. Thanks for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your ornament.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable ornament!! Love the snowman and trees. Great idea using quilt batting for snow. Thank you for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete