Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

December 2, 2011

Stampin' Up Design Day

Welcome to another Stampin' Up Design Day.  Today I made my first attempt at sour cream containers. These are fun treats for the holidays since they have some yummy candy inside!
I used the "Letters from Santa" Stampin' Up paper.  For two of the sour cream containers I used one side of the paper and then used the other side of the paper for the other two.  I was able to make 4 sour cream containers from one 12x12 sheet of paper.  I also used a paper crimper for the edges of the containers.  
The postage stamps are also from the same paper line, I just cut each stamp out individually from a whole page of nothing but stamps.  I added some stickles, Twinery twine and tulle.
I used a snowflake punch for the snowflake background for this Santa and sleigh stamp.  I tied it all together with some twine.
This snowflake called for a little bling and I simply punched a hole in the stamp and tied it to the snowflake with the twine. Of course I added some sparkle to the ornament with some stickles.
I added two punched snowflakes to the nutcracker stamp and added some Stampin' Up ribbon, a button from the Stampin' Up Designer collection and some twine.  I think these would be perfect treats to leave on the desks of some of my co-workers. 

Please visit Wendy Cranford at her Stampin' Up website for any of your Stampin' Up needs, you can also check out her blog, here.
Challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining my challenge I have yet to try to make these but you have inspired me to try them. I love the papers you used and the way you decorated them. I think they have a wonderful vintage feel

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sour cream containers are so cute. I'm sure everyone will love getting these.
    Thanks for being my 149th follower. I'm now a follower of yours.
    Thanks Dana@ papermemories4u@ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused, sour cream doesn't come like this in Australia, Did you create the container using scrapbooking paper or cover something already shaped that way? (Found you via Consumer Crafts on Facebook)

    ReplyDelete