Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

December 16, 2011

Stampin' Up Design Day

Welcome to another Stampin' Up design day, today I am sharing some fuzzy sock cupcakes.  I used the Cupcake Wrappers Lite cartridge for both the cupcake wrapper and the tag.  The cupcake wrapper was cut at 2.5 inches and the scalloped tag was cut at 2.0 inches.
The paper is the "Letters to Santa" Stampin' Up paper.  I used the reverse side of the paper for the tag. The Stampin' Up paper was perfect for the cupcake since it is a heavier cardstock.  The cupcake wrapper holds its shape very nicely.
I basically rolled up some fuzzy socks, put a rubber band around the bottom to hold it in place and topped it off with a pom pom for the cherry.  There is a great fuzzy sock tutorial on Greenbean's Crafterole's blog, she made these for Easter treats.
I put the cupcakes in a clear plastic bag from Michaels and tied it with some Cherry Cobbler twine from Stampin' Up.
The stamp is from the Delightful Dozen Stampin' Up set and I used the Classic Stampin' Up pad in Real Red.
Here is a picture of the fuzzy sock cupcakes before they were all packaged up.  These fun little treats are gifts for some of my coworkers, I hope they enjoy them!

Please visit Wendy Cranford at her Stampin' Up website for any of your Stampin' Up needs, you can also check out her blog, here.  Currently, there are some really good deals in the Clearance Rack at Wendy's site.

Challenges
Cricut Circle

13 comments:

  1. I bet your co-workers loved them! (I am feeling a bit bad because I did not create anything for my co-workers...ok a couple of cards for some)
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Loved the rolled up socks and gifted as a cupcake, how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such adorable gifts! Very cute! Thanks for playing along at Robin's Creative Cottage! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable....I would love to be your co-worker! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Variety

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift giving idea! ;) Thanks for joining The Paper Variety's anything goes challenge :)
    - Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, cutest idea!! Love this idea for friend/coworker gifts! Thanks so much for sharing, and Thanks for joining us at Robin's Creative Cottage this week!
    Happy Holidays,
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are super cute! I've been wanting to make some of these but haven't gotten around to it yet! Glad you could join us for RCC's Holiday Treats Challenge!

    RCC DT Member
    Craftykitten1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! What a GREAT idea!!! Sock cupcakes! Love it! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous project!!! One of these days I'm gonna have to try one of these!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Patches of Pink!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous project!!! One of these days I'm gonna have to try one of these!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Patches of Pink!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am coming over from Patches of Pink, Link Up Party. Ha! This is a great way to "dress up" the gift of socks. I love socks and I la-ove cupcake art!!
    I am #19 at Jalisa's Link Up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute is this! What a really neat idea to do with socks, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! I give socks at Christmas, I will have to do this next year! thanks for playing along with us at CCC! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete