Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

December 9, 2011

Sweet Memories Layout

We have a family tradition of making gingerbread houses on Christmas Eve so I thought this would be the perfect theme for my layout.
The Sweet Memories title was cut from the Winter Frolic cartridge at 3.0 inches and embossed with the Candy Stripes embossing folder.
The Gingerbread boys and girls are cut at 3.0 inches from the Gingerbread Seasonal cartridge.  I used my Happy Lashes Peachy Keen Stamps for their cute little faces and stickles for buttons.

The holly was also cut from the Gingerbread cartridge at 3.0 inches.  I used red stickles in the center of the holly leaves.
The gingerbread house was cut from the My Community cartridge at 5.0 inches. I used diamond stickles on the gingerbread house to make it look like snow.
I used a white gel pen to add extra details to the die cuts.  I also used foam pop dots for dimension. 
Challenge

14 comments:

  1. OMG, your layout is so super sweet and your gingerbread house and men almost look good enough to eat... You should totally enter you layout in my "Getting Scrappy Challenge" going on right now.. Here is the link if your interested:

    http://amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/12/getting-scrappy-challenge-22.html

    Scrappy hugs,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds love gingerbread men. LOL Your layout is so awesome. Love the background gingerbread paper and the gingerbread house is so cute. I forgot it was on My Community. Thanks for joining us at LM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I'm a new follower of you now too.

    Jamie
    http://jamiek711designs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet sweet layout. No pun intended! ;-) Love all the detail on the gingerbread house. Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories this week! Be sure to check out this Sunday's challenge too... we have lots of fun things coming up!!
    Michele
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a CUTE layout!!! So festive...I can so see putting baking pictures on this!!! Thanks for linking up with us over at COoking With Cricut!!!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I simply love this fun gingerbread layout for showcasing photos of a fun family night making gingerbread houses! Thanks for joining us this week at Cooking with Cricut!
    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how pretty. I love gingerbread houses and people. Great idea on using the stickles. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    Vicki
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such an adorable layout! I love the little gingerbread men! Thanks for participating in the Quick Quotes Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet layout :) Thanks for joining us this week on Cooking with Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a delightful layout to save those precious memories. Thanks for sharing at Cooking with Cricut.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My what a "Sweet" layout! Winter Frolic is one of my favorite carts, so many possibilities! Love your gingerbread people I have a layout posting this week with some fun gingerpeople (would love for you to stop by if you get a chance) Thank you so much for sharing this fun layout with us over at Quick Quotes!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun layout, I love all the details! super page.

    Adora (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the yummiest LO! Love all the amazing details. Thanks so much for linking up at Cooking With Cricut this week.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team

    ReplyDelete