Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

January 28, 2012

Love is in the Air Blog Hop


Welcome to the "Love is in the Air" blog hop hosted by Paulette from Around the Block with Scrapalette!  Our projects in this hop are all about love and Valentine's Day.  If you are visiting the blogs for this hop in order, you should have come from Elizabeth's blog.  If you just came across my blog and want to start at the beginning, please start here and remember to enter to win some blog candy.  Now on to my project:
Kiss Kiss Hug Hug Layout
In honor of Valentine's Day, I created this fun layout using the Elegant Edges, Base Camp and Bump in the Night Lite cartridges.
Base Camp was used for the title, Elegant Edges for the scalloped circles and tag, and Bump in the Night for the monsters.   
All of the hearts on the layout came from different punches, the smaller hearts are the negative pieces from a border punch.  I added the hearts randomly throughout the layout to create more of a Valentine's theme.
I wanted the monsters to have a fun look to them so I added hearts to their eyes from a punch and then added some wiggly eyes on top of the hearts.  I also chalked the cheeks for some blush and finished them off with a twine bow.
For the tag, I added the "love" sentiment from the Pink By Design Scripted Year set and tied it to the title with some twine.  I thought this sentiment was the perfect addition to the title of the layout.
I accented the layout with my white gel pen and added dimension by popping up the die cuts on foam.
Blog Candy:
To thank you for visiting and supporting my blog, I am giving away an Inkadinkado "Fun Hearts" stamp set.  In order to be entered for the blog candy, you must be a follower and leave a comment on this post.  I will select a winner on Tuesday, January 31st.   
Your next stop on the hop is Sharon.  Here is the complete line up:

Paulette from http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/
Sukie from http://www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com/ (You are here)

49 comments:

  1. Super cute layout! The monster don't even look like monsters...just adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and happy layout! Everything is so colorful and adorable!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute layout!!!

    Dana
    Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sukie -

    It is so whimsical and fun! Love all of the details that you put in this! The rosy checks, the tags, and stitches are just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable layout! Love the monsters and how you dressed them up. I'm a new follower.

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
    HappyScrapper64@bex.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative way to use those cute little monsters. Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute LO! I love the little monsters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute layout. Love the monsters!!

    Brenda Z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty LO and really like the blue with the red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, ha, ha! What a fun layout! This would be great for my grand kids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this layout is the best! I can't help loving everything with Bump In The Night on it. It's my fav! Please don't include me in the drawing, I already own the wonderful set of stamps you are offering!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute layout, I love the colors and the way you laid it out. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! Love how you used valentine colors on the monsters and created a much different feel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. fun layout!! i love your outlining with the white gel pen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a fun and cute layout. I love those little monsters so adorable. Great job.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful layout. I really need to start using more Cricut cuts on my layouts. Thanks for sharing. papermemories4u@ yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute layout! Love the critters from Bump in the Night. Your pen doodling around the edges really adds a lot and that's something I never think of. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable layout and I LOVE all of your designs. I am a new and happy follower! :0(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness -this is sooooo cute- I love the goofy lil creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The eyes are perfect!

    Michele
    michelegreen120 at gmail dot com
    www.michelegreen.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a really cute layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cute layout and especially the adorable critters! I appreciate something fun and whimsical instead of the romantic style all the time! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very Cute! Love the layout! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. How adorable! The monsters are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is an awesome layout. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your layout! The monsters are so cute!
    qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  28. GFC FOllower. Thanks for the chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute layout. Thanks.
    marg0006@verizon.net
    Loving Scrapper101

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for sharing on the Love is in the Air blog hop. I have signed up to follow your blog !! I saw your excellent work and would love to see more ... I will stay tuned :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super cute layout! I love that you used Bump In The Night and made it fit perfectly for Valentine's day!
    Tracy
    http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sukie, I just want to Kiss Kiss Hug Hug your LO. It is just tooooo stinkin' cute!! TFS!

    Thanks for a chance to win your awesome blog candy!!

    Linda
    linda2222@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your lay-out is super cute! Fun details!

    Thanks for joining us at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a unique way to use this cart. Your LO is adorable! Thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my this is a beautiful layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your layout. It is so cute. I have such a hard time making layouts. You have inspired me to think outside of the box with designs and colors. Who would of ever thought that monsters could be pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a cute layout!! I myself would have never thought of using little monsters for a Valentine themed project! This is too cute!!

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is such a cute idea! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi there, your layout is fabulous. Cute little monsters. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a fun layout - really cute! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Super cute! The faux stitching adds such a wonderful touch! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. OH MY!! This is just too cute!! Thanks for joining the Hiding in My Craft Room challenge!

    ReplyDelete