Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

January 13, 2012

Wish Card

The Cricut Circle has a challenge to use the Cricut Craft Room so I thought why not give it a try.  My understanding is that the Craft Room has similar features to other graphic design programs.  I found it to be fairly simple to use.  I used the Cricut Craft Room Basics cartridge for my card which is free to all users of the Craft Room.
My card has three cuts; the tag, the "wish" title cut twice and welded and the cupcake cut 4 times in two different colors. The base of the card has a plain strip of coordinating paper with an accent border punched from a Martha Stewart Punch.
I layered "wish" on top of the tag and used pop dots between the two layers to give it some dimension.
For the cupcakes I just cut off the bottom of one the cupcakes and layered it on top of the other to create some frosting since this feature did not have any layers.  I also added some pop dots to the cupcakes.
I used some tulle to wrap the tag and and created a semi-flower with it, added some Cotton Candy Trendy Twine with a button and accented it with some bling.  I added some more bling to the tag and the card.
Challenges:
Circle Challenge

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love how you gave the word dimension!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I haven't played in CCR in quite a while. I have to go and check it out.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for playing this week at CTO! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I love the colors and your use of pop dots!
    Thanks for Sharing at For Fun Challenges!
    ~Liz (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your card. such awesome colors!! parkernan4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!! Thanks for playing along on For Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! Thank you for taking part in Alphabet's 'You Choose' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty purples and your tulle bow is just adorable! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really a pretty card! I like the tulle ribbon you added with the little flower accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this card!!! so pretty and sparkly!

    Candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute card. never heard of the craft room so will have to check that out.

    Thanks for playing "Anything Goes" with For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you tomorrow when the new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card, love the color combo!
    Thanks for playing at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet! I have those DCWV papers :)

    Your elegant punch (white) is a lovely trim, your glittery cupcakes are adorable, and the flower/tulle/twine is inspired. The blue "wish" ties in all the colors perfectly. Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable tulle embellishment. So girly and fun.

    Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete