Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

January 31, 2012

A Year In Review Layout

This layout was created for the Circle challenge which I also combined with a few other challenges, to reflect and review the year that has just passed.  I used the Base Camp and Graphically Speaking cartridges for this layout.  All of the die cuts are from Graphically Speaking other than the months, those are cut from base camp and welded together.
I contemplated over this layout for several days thinking about how busy it looked and then came to the realization that it really reflects the busy life we had in 2011.  The important thing being the time we spent together during the year.
I chose to use the collage approach to this layout so I could incorporate the highlights of 2011. The pictures I selected for this layout also highlight some of our memorable experiences of the past year. The bright colors on the layout reflect the colors of my pictures so I kept the photo mats neutral. I added some dots to the corners of the photo mats with my Martha Stewart glitter pen.
I found some Making Memories stickers in my stash which I incorporated throughout my layout to tell a story about 2011.  I added several of the stickers to create this word art collage on the heart.
I also used several of my favorite embellishments on this layout to memorialize some of favorite products from 2011.
I used pop dots for dimension on several of the die cuts.  I also went "crazy" with my white gel pen stitching and doodling everything.
Each of the die cuts, stickers and embellishments on this layout represents an important milestone, accomplishment or memory from last year. For example the "me & you" cut represents the celebration of my 20 year wedding anniversary with my husband.
I added this cut to reinforce the positive memories of 2011, this cut along with the title "life's little moments" is what it is all about for me.
Thanks for taking the time to take a short journey with me through the past year.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

6 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love your LO! It rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so cool! So many amazing details. reminds me of what my daughter use to do with phrases from magazines. I love it thank you so much for linking it to my challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout too! It has so many wonderful things to look at, but its pulled together very well.

    I love the graphically speaking cartridge, its one of my favorites!

    Jan
    http://thecraftymermaid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout! There is so much to see and read! Great way to remember the past year!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you found my blog----because of that I found YOURS! Love your layout. I can't wait to check out some of your older posts.

    ~Crystal

    www.crystal-kovach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete