Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

February 2, 2012

Feel Better Soon Gift Bag

The Circle weekly challenge required using the Cricut to create a get well soon card or project incorporating a Cuttlebug embossing folder, kraft cardstock and string.  This challenge was timely since my daughter's friend had her wisdom teeth taken out and my daughter wanted to take over a couple of treats.  I chose to decorate this wine bag so we could add a couple of magazines to the bag.
I used the Campin' Critters cartridge for the First Aid bird, Elegant Edges for the mat and Lyrical Letters for the title.  Since there were no layers for the title, I created my own layer by cutting the title out twice in two different colors and off setting the layers.  I added some doodling to the title as an accent.
The mat was embossed with the Polka Dot Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I added wiggly eyes to the bird and pop dotted him on foam to give him a little dimension.
My white gel pen was used to add some stitching to the kraft cardstock and to the border which is punched from an EK Success border punch.  A little bit of string that has been in my stash forever and a couple of buttons tie the whole package together nicely.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

14 comments:

  1. I love your altered bag. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable; great job with the bag. Glad you entered the Die Cuttin' Divas challenge this week--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo cute! (Let's hope we don't see this on an unnamed blog and FB page-hmmmm).

    I LOVE the way you did the lettering with the dots! And the eyes with eyelashes crack me up. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute bird!Thanks for joining us at DCD.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bag is so cute!Love the doodling.
    Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    www.jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I just LOVE this bag!! What a great way to cheer somebody up who's a bit under the weather. And what a great idea to use a wine bag for magazines too! You really have done a super job with this!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you've decorated this bag. It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a cute bag, theyre my favorite thing to alter, yours will definetly cheer somebody up :) your birdie is so adorable :) thanks for sharing with us at whimwednesdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the first aid bird! Thanks for joining us at DCD and for my birthday celebration!
    -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! Love that little bird! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute gift bag!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I'm now following you.

    Tonya
    ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply adorable! I love the little bird. Cute idea to alter a wine bag into a gift bag. Love it! Thanks for entering your project in this weeks challenge at My Craft Spot. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, how cute is that bird! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful job! Cough, cough ... I think you need to send this to me :)

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete