Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

February 6, 2012

I Love You Card

I thought it would be fun to create a Valentine's Day card for my husband which had a funny twist to it.  I used the Elegant Edges and Bump in the Night Lite cartridges for this card.  The mat and tag were cut from Elegant Edges and the monster was cut from Bump in the Night.
I thought this little monster was so cute even though she kind of looks like a popsicle.  I embellished my monster with some wiggly eyes, some twine and a little bling.
I wrapped the scalloped mat behind the monster with some twine and pop dotted the monster on to the mat.
I embellished the tag with a Martha Stewart glitter pen, a ribbon bow and added the perfect sentiment from the Pink By Design Vintage Greeting set.  I think my husband will like the monster card and will get a kick out of the background paper with the lipstick kisses.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

14 comments:

  1. What an adorable pink monster! She is just too cute! Sweet card, too!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so clever and what a wonderful card for your husband. Masculine cards are always the hardest for me but you did a fabulous job. Thanks for joining my challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm already a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card, i love the lipstick background!! I have seen your name all over the place lately for winning blog candy, congrats!! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. I am a new follower(can't believe I wasn't following before)
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I'm enjoying looking at all your great projects! I LOVE the lipstick background paper-I'm sure your husband will think it's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card. Thanks for joining us at sentimental sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello The Monster card is so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog I am now a follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! And I like that she looked like a popsicle :) Am a new follower.

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This just made me smile! So fun! Thank you for joining the Red & Pink Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon! Hope to see you at our next challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a fantastic job on your card~I love the google eyes:) TFS! Appreciate you stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so adorable, thanks so much for playing along @ Paper Playtime!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete