Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

February 20, 2012

It's Your Special Day Card

I needed a quick birthday card so I made this card from a left over tag from another project.  The tag was cut from the Celebrations cartridge and the cupcake came from the Sweet Treats Cartridge.
I embossed the tag with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and embellished it with the Martha Stewart glitter pens.  A little bit of ribbon was used to finish off the tag.
The cupcake was embossed with the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder and the card base is embossed with the Once Upon A Princess Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The cupcake is topped off with a heart cut from pink glitter paper.  A sentiment from the Mix & Match I set from Docerela Creations finished off the card.
Challenges:

16 comments:

  1. So cute! This card looks great--I adore the embossing folder that you used! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! New follower from the link up follower on Created by Cori...this card is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and fitting for a birthday. I have not seen that embossing folder. Will have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. Love all the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card! Live the texture of the embossing too! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog....it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! and the wonderful detail in it. Thanks for playing along and sharing with us at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Thank you for joining us at FCCB!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good enough to eat! Wonderful way to use those "leftovers." TFS here on FCCB!
    Bernadet
    http://bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the embossing! I've never seen the cupcake folder before-it looks so good in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, and the cupcake background works perfectly with the cupcake.I'm now a follower! Thanks for following me too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet! Thanks so much for joining us at ABC this time
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card!
    I really need a cupcake right now :)
    Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges this time! Hope to see you again :)

    *hugs*
    Angélique - DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card. Perfect colors and cuts! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooooo adorable! It looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh I love these! I have ones similar too on my blog.

    ReplyDelete