Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

February 8, 2012

Love You So Much Card

This Valentine's card was created with a some scraps, die cuts and embellishments left over from other projects.  The banner pieces were cut from April Showers and the heart was cut from Love Struck. The XO was stamped from the Scrappy Cat Polka Dot Party stamp set.  I simply attached the banner to the heart with some heart shaped brads and added some doodling with my white gel pen.
The border and the two small hearts were punched with Martha Stewart punches.  I added some flowers from my stash and used bling for the centers.
Since I didn't have the right colors of twine or ribbon for my card, I twisted some blue, pink and white embroidery floss and created a border at the bottom of the card to tie in all of the colors.  The card was finished off with a coordinating embellishment from K&Company.
Challenges:

12 comments:

  1. What a great card-- I adore that border punch you used-- such a great punch! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that heart is SO cool and I love the X and O banners too! Great job. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely ADORABLE! I love the banner! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! XOXO

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those 'left over' projects! This is a wonderful example! Great work!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those projects that use the leftovers and still look cute! love how you did the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable card
    thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower...new follower to your blog now

    http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com
    lizabratt@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Love your site! I just became a follower! Thank you so very much!

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    Suzanne Roseberry
    www.suzanneroseberrydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! Love that you twisted that embroidery floss together. Love the sentiment and the border punch.
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week.

    Candy
    My Craft Spot DT Member
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous!! Thanks for sharing at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your idea of twisting the floss to make your own twine -- perfect! Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut this week!

    Jessica
    FCCB DT
    http://cricutafterdark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete