Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

February 28, 2012

Ooh La La Layout and Winner

This 12x12 double layout was made using the Forever Young cartridge.  This layout was created to scrapbook some fun pictures of my daughter "posing."  I just love to memorialize the fun aspects of my kids personalities at certain points in their lives.  I don't think I could get her to pose for me now even though the pictures for this layout were just take about a year and half ago.
The silhouettes and tag were both cut from the Forever Young cartridge.  On the second page of the layout, I took the negative cut from the tag and added the "ooh la la" as the title and embellished it with my white gel pen.
Instead of cutting out the clothes for the models, I left them as silhouettes.  This also kept the layout from looking too busy.  For a decorative element, I made a loop with some ribbon and added it to each of my photo mats.  This will also be used to pull out the journaling tag.
I used an EK Success border punch to create the edge on the animal print border.  The same punch was used to create the border at the bottom of the tag.  The tag was embellished with some pearls, paper flowers, twine, ribbon and tulle.  
The silhouettes and "ooh la la" title were popped up on foam for added dimension. The silhouettes were also embellished with some pearls.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

Winner of Wonderful Wilderness Blog Hop Candy
The winner of the blog hop candy is "Mary".  Please email me at: scrappindhilly at gmail dot com with your contact information so that I can get your stamp set out to you.  You have one week to claim your prize or I will select another winner.  Here is the winning comment:
Blogger Mary said...

great idea!love your lay out....

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous layout! All the details are just wonderful! Lots of pretty things on this layout!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your two page layout! The colors and pattern are very striking and the silhouettes a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh la la
    love your layout. The colors are so dramatic and feminine. Thanks for sharing and playing along at She's A Sassy Lady today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely layout! The pink looks so striking against the zebra stripes. Thanks so much for playing along with us for this week's "Make us laugh" challenge at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this layout...I always forget about this cart and have an idea for it now..aren;t posing daughters grand

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun layout! Thanks for sharing!

    Melissa
    myscraphour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo la la!! This is oh so girly! LOVE it!! I definitely need to get that cartridge!! I've been trying to find it for a good deal, but it kinda sucks living in Canada haha. This is a great layout for your daughter! I'm sure she's quite the sassy thing!:)

    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun LO. I bet the pictures are just as cute if not more so. thanks for joining us at DCD.
    -Yvette
    cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super layout I love the colors and the animal print goes so well with it all.
    Thank you for joining in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun layout! Great colors. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week for our recipe challenge.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great layout. Don't you just love Forever Young cart? Stop back at Die Cuttin' Divas. I just spotlighted the Forever Young cart. Thanks for joining us this week--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the fun colors! It is a beautiful LO! Thanks for joining the fun this week at My Craft Spot!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layout! Love the colors and I just love that cartridge!
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas and My Craft Spot this week.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love these layouts all of them from the forever cart.

    ReplyDelete