Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

March 12, 2012

Cupcake Topper

My daughter's birthday is next week so I thought I would create a fun cupcake topper for her special cupcake.  I was able to just use some scraps from my stash for this simple cupcake topper.
The shell for the background, the fish and the seaweed were all cut from the Splish Splash Lite cartridge. The shell was cut twice so that a candy stick could be glued between the two sides.  I partially embossed the shell with the Shell Collage Cuttlebug embossing folder.
I used a Peachy Keen face stamp from the Princess Face assortment set.  Some blue bling was added for the bubbles.
The cupcake topper was finished off with some twine.
Challenges:

15 comments:

  1. This is adorable ! too cute you made the shape of a shell as the background Im sure your daughter will love it !!! thanks for linking up with us at Peachy Keen this week !!!!

    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet! Love the fishy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute idea, thanks for sharing on the PKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the fish on the cupcake holder. Great holder. Thanks for joining us at HIMCR AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is so creative...great inspiration too.
    Thanks for stopping by. I am a new follower and can't wait for more inspiration.

    Have a great week!
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love the bling for the bubbles. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am a new follower here.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. The cupcake topper is awesome. Thanks for stopping in my blog. I become a follower too!

    Stamping Love!
    http://withloveandscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea. Love it and I am sure she will too. Thanks for sharring and playing along at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable!! What an awesome cupcake topper!! I love the sweet face on the fish!! Thanks so much for entering my blogaversary giveaway :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for following. Trying to follow but its not letting me. I will keep trying.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cupcake topper. Such a cute thing. Nice double twine blow.

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute cupcake topper. The fish is so cute. Thank you for joining us at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! This super cute! Thanks for sharing at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute! Love the way you used the shell as the background!

    ReplyDelete