Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

March 27, 2012

Cute As A Button Layout

I created this Springtime layout using non-traditional colors.  I love the patterned paper with the trees, birds and flowers, it just really reminds me of Spring.  I used Kate's ABC's to cut out the title "Cute As A Button".  I cut out a button from the Paisley cartridge and inserted it over the "o" in button.  The kitty, butterflies and snail were all cut from Create A Critter.
To break up the patterned background, I added a solid blue piece of cardstock at the top of the layout which was punched with the Fiskars Effervescence border punch.  I added another solid piece of cardstock at the bottom of the layout and a thin strip of grass punched with the Fiskars Grass border punch.  I used two layers on the photo mats along with a touch of ribbon.
Using my Gypsy, I hid the face of the little kitty and the snail and used my Peachy Keen Face Stamps.
I used my white gel pen to do some faux stitching and doodling.  All of the die cuts were popped up on foam dots for added dimension.  I also used some jute to tie a bow through the button holes. Some bling was added throughout the layout as an accent. 
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

16 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, this is adorable! What a sweet layout and alot of work put into it. Love this! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for showing us how you like to layer at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG simply adorable!!!! I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, your layouts look stunning every time. I love it.


    Thank you for sharing.

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously that page really is cute as a button!!
    thanks for sharing with us at lasting memories - Kimberly - dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout

    Rosiemini@gmail.com
    Wwwscraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors and love the cuts. Also great job on the doodling and details. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, your layout is as cute as a button! I love it! Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on FB and told you how adorable it is! Now I found it on the Circle Blog Weekly Challenge and I STILL love it!

    Good luck in the challenge!!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable layout..thanks for sharing your layers over at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I love the colors, and that cat is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun layout! I love all the detail and the cat is just adorable!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable, love the look you achieved with your white faux stitching - thank you for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous! I love all the stitching and doodling that you've done on this. It really makes everything pop! And I am in love with that sweet little kitten!! You've done such a wonderful job giving her a sweet look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. aaaawwww...so, so cute! What a sweet, fun layout. Your doodles and adorable stamped faces just add so much detail..love it! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your layout is fabulous!
    thanks for playing with us at fccb!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete