Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

March 18, 2012

Guest Designer on Exploring Cricut

Today I am a guest designer at Exploring Cricut and I would like to thank Diane for inviting me to be a guest designer.
Ride 'Em Cowboy Layout
Ever since the Old West cartridge was released I have admired many of the western themed layouts, several of which have had these fence and horse cuts on them.  I finally broke my cartridge out of the clamshell to create this layout.  All of the cuts are from Old West.
I welded two pieces of the fence together with my Gypsy, for some reason the hash marks did not cut when I welded the two pieces so I used my white gel pen to add the details to the fence.   The other die cuts also have a little bit of doodling on them.
I used some jute and tied it on the fence and the photo mats to give the layout more of a rustic appearance.
I inked all of my die cuts and the photo mats.  I finished off my layout with some brads which were added to the title and the photo mats to give the look of hardware.
This was a fun layout to put together, I can't wait to use this cartridge again.  If you are one of my followers please stop by Exploring Cricut and leave a comment and become a follower too!  Thanks for stopping by!
Challenge:

14 comments:

  1. Love your layout! I just got this cart and will definitely be scraplifting this awesome layout! love all the details-brad, jute, doodling, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being our Guest Designer today at Exploring Cricut. I love that layout and I will for sure scrap lift it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I used to hang out with a few bull riders back in my younger days, this is so cool. Love how the jute makes it look more realistic :o) Great layout! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout!!! I so love all the details. The rope, hat, horse,just everything!! Love the added jute. Thank you so very much for being our Guest Designer at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu do great layouts! This one is no exception. Ride 'em, cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sis a really great layout! Love the jute on the fence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is cute. Could you please add that you entered at fOr Fun? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab - you've done a great job. The jute is an amazing addition for some texture.

    Thanks for joining us over at For Fun Challenges for our Western Week, hope to see you again soon.

    Julie (guest designer)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you did the red photo mats with the jagged edges. You did great with how everything ties into the western theme.

    Thanks for playing in our "western" challenge at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you Wednesday when the new challenge is posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yee Har! What a fabulous western creation! I love every element! Thanks for sharing at For Fun Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your layouts. I'd love to see it with pictures too! Thank you so much for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week so I could get a peek! Hope you'll join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such lovely creation. Love it. Thanks for playing with us over at FFC this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete