Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

March 22, 2012

Live, Love, Grow Layout

I have a Spring time layout to share which I created with the Bloom Lite cartridge.  At first glance, you may not like this cartridge but it has some adorable cuts on it.  I think I will be using this one quite a bit.
Instead of cutting the flowers out with my Cricut, I used some paper flowers I had in my stash.  I just added a little bling to the centers of the flowers.  I also added a couple of flowers to the scalloped tag for the title.
I used my Fiskars grass punch to break up the background pattern and created a border in two different colors at the bottom of my layout.  I also added a smaller strip of grass to the photo mats.
A small bow from twine was added to two of the fence posts for an accent.  I also used my white gel pen to add some stitching.
I ended up splitting the flower box in half so it would be symmetrical on the two pages and be the focal point of my layout.
Challenges:

17 comments:

  1. I love this layout! I love the colors and patterns and I really love the added flowers. Well done! Thanks for joining in at FCCB.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME job with your pretty layout!I LOVE all the great details and paper,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Layout! Thanks for linking up to Jaihart! New follower:) Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layout!! It is so cute. You were very creative with it and I love it!! Thanks for sharing. From one Gloria to another.

    purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Sukie. I had it in my head you were Gloria. Ha!!! Loved your layout no matter what name you go by. HA! Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, great work on your layout. I always admire your creativity.


    Thank you for joining us at docerela creations


    catarina aka docerela

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful..i hope you do not mind if I scraplift it soon. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Love the LO I also want to scraplift this also if you don't mind.

    http://vickiesscrappings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. your layout is beautiful! thanks for joining us at fccb!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout!

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    Www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your LO is AMAZING! I love the fence and the flower pot divided onto both pages! I am going to have to look at this cartridge! I am your newest follower! :) Thanks for participating at Fantabulous Cricut’s Monday Challenge.
    Melissa – FCCB DT
    scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous layout, love the colours you have used and the faux stitching. Thanks for joining us at Whimsical Wednesday.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty LO. Love the colors and the design. Thanks for joining us this week at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable layout! The flower look awesome and I love the fence posts! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful LO, I love your pretty details! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for your "Welcome Spring" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty LO. You used such gorgeous, and I really like how you arranged everything. Thanks for joining us over at Whimsical Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete