Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

March 24, 2012

Lucky To Be Me Wall Art

Today I am sharing an altered frame that I created for my daughter's room.   I bought this frame from the dollar section at Michaels.  Originally, it was black so I painted the frame white and then cut strips of glitter paper which were decoupaged onto the front of the frame.  I stapled coordinating sheer ribbon to the back to hang the frame.
After finishing off the outside of the frame I removed the glass and added some patterned paper as the background.  I used Cotton Candy Stickles to outline the flowers on the patterned paper.  Then I added pearl stickers to the center of the flowers.
Next I layered a strip of brown card stock on top of the patterned paper which was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and finished off with some sheer ribbon and a bow.  I also added a heart doily to the background.
The shoe and layer were cut at 4.0 inches from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge and the title was cut at 1.5 inches from the Gypsy Font cartridge.  All of the die cuts were popped up on foam for added dimension.  I added a coordinating paper flower and a couple of pearls to the shoe as embellishments.
I cut two layers for the title to create extra dimension.  I offset the bottom layer which is cut in white to create the extra shadow.
I am entering this project in the Jinger Adams design team call.  Jinger is coming out with her own product line and her own shoe line and she and The Scrapbooking Queen are looking for designers for the new product line.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

16 comments:

  1. this is soooo pretty!!! good luck on the DT call.
    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoe very beautiful !! Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW !!! Besides the colors I love the layout set up.

    Great work. :0)


    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a terrific decor item and should be a contender for the design team - good luck! I especially like how you add the doilies for some extra texture and interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Good Luck with the DT call and Challenge!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty in pink....love it!

    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Wall Art. I love the shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great wall art project love those colors. Cool shoe

    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. Your creations are adorable, especially love the sign for your daughter's room...so cute!
    Thanks for following my blog as well. I hope we can share creative ideas! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning and so creative! Thanks for joining my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My!! What a great wall decor! Love that pink shoe!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice wall art project. I love the colors! Good luck on the design team call!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. This turned out just so cute, very creative and love the colors too. Somthing I like using is the Forever Young cart and put silhouette's in front of such beautiful backgrounds as you've done. Wishing you all the best on your entry for Jinger's DT call. You're a contneder...in my book.
    Have a great week!
    Dee B

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for submitting for the
    Jinger Adams Design Team Call
    The Scrapbooking Queen
    Design Team Leader &
    Social Media Coordinator
    www.thescrapbookingqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your project is fabulous… *Ü*
    Wishing you a beautifully blessed weekend,
    **Lots of BIG Hugs**
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete