Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

March 5, 2012

Sketch Challenge

The Circle blog has a sketch challenge going on which requires choosing any sketch from the Circle blog or magazine and creating a project with it.  I found this sketch on the Circle blog and used it for my layout.
I created a double page 12x12 layout for some pictures of my family at an event last year. The Flower Shoppe cartridge was used to cut all of the flowers for the layout, Just Because Cards was used for the title and Storybook for the "2011".
I used a pearlescent paper for the photo mats and embossed them with the Darice Large Petals embossing folder.

I made a few modifications to my large flowers so that I could somewhat flatten them for my layout.  I also incorporated cuts from two different flowers to create these flowers.  The edges of all of the flowers were inked to give them some definition and the flowers were finished off with some bling for the centers.
The title was popped up on foam dots for added dimension and dressed up with a tiny bow made from coordinating twine.
Challenges:
Circle Challenge

9 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! You did an awesome job on the sketch! Love all the elements of your layout!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, awesome layout! I love the great color combo and wonderful Spring florals! Thanks for joining us for the Love To Crop SPRING FLING challenge! Hugs :)
    Linsey- Guest Designer for Love To Crop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your layout! I love the embossing and the paper you used, it is PERFECT! I LOVE all the layers on the flowers as well ;)
    Thanks for entering the Love to Crop Challenge
    LTC Guest Designer
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout!! Love the colors and that pearlescent paper. The embossing is great. Love the flowers!! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous! Great colors and texture. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pretty pearly shine on your embossed papers. Very pretty project, thanks for sharing it with the 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Stunning flowers and love that pearlized paper. Thanks for playing along at LTC!

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowsers! That is simply gorgeous! Love the colors you chose and the pearlescent paper for the photo mats is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete