Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

April 23, 2012

8th Grade Layout

I created this layout to scrapbook pictures of my son from this school year.  Since next year both of my kids will be in high school I wanted to create more of a child like layout with primary colors.  I was actually able to dig into my stash of scraps to create the majority of this layout.
For the school house, pencils, bus and slide I used the Recess Lite cartridge.  The tree came from My Community, the clouds from Pooh and Friends and the title from Plantin Schoolbook. 
The title was cut out twice and off set to create a layer.  I embossed the top layer with the Tiny Mosaic Cuttlebug embossing folder to give it some texture.  The clouds were embossed with the D'Vine Swirl Cuttlebug embossing folder and the little boys shirt was embossed with the Candy Stripes Cuttlebug embossing folder.
I inked and chalked most of the die cuts and added some faux stitching and doodling to them.
I used the Holiday Holly Berry Trendy Twine to tie the pencils together and also for the bow on the button.
On the hand cut flag, I added a sentiment from the Docerela Creations Mix & Match I Stamp Set.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

14 comments:

  1. How cute is this!! Love it.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your LO!!! So sorry this may be your last child like LO...so sad :( But this one brings a smile to my face...great stitching, embossing, colors, die cuts...I just love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout, Sukie! Sorry to be so late with my comments. Thanks for entering our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown last week and I hope we'll see your work again this week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...soooo many fun details! What great images and your doodles and embossing just add so much texture and dimension...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got the Recess lite cart-and your layout has inspired me to do something with it! Love all the embossing and stitching details-it's a great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! I love the cute cuts and the awesome embossing and stitching!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. these juicy colors look great with background!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at FCCB, your layout is a wonderful school page, bright colors and it will be perfect with whatever pictures you use of your 8th grader.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW BEAUTIFUL job with your AWESOME layouts!SO CUTE,Thank you for joining us over at FCCB this week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun layout! I love the crisp, clean look of your images. All the little extras - like your doodling and the embossing - are fabulous! Great job!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot and at Fantabulous Cricut!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable



    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout! Love the primary colors!
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week!
    Candy
    http://candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete