Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

April 19, 2012

Milestones and a Hollywood Layout

Hello my crafty friends, I just wanted to share that this blog post is my 100th post.  I never imagined that I would have enjoyed sharing my creations and participating in challenges as much as I have over the past 11 months.  Not only is this a milestone post but I also just hit 400 followers on my blog.  I would like to celebrate these milestones by having a giveaway for my followers for my blogaversary next month. Please check back in May for details and thank you so much for supporting my blog.
Hollywood Layout
This 12x12 layout was created to scrapbook some pictures from our family trip to Hollywood last year. I created this layout for a couple of challenges in mind, however, one challenge specifically called for bright colors that you may not typically use.  The bright colors give the look and feel of Hollywood which work great with the pictures of the bright lights in Hollywood.
I used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge for all of the die cuts.  The title was cut out twice in order to create a shadow by off setting the layers just a little. The title was symmetrically placed between the two pages.
This fun skyline was also cut from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  I used this die cut as a border for each of the pages.
Some stars were added to the layout to give the feel of the Hollywood glitz and glamour. The stars were accented with my white gel pen and embellished with some bows made from Sky Trendy Twine.
All of the die cuts were popped up on foam for added dimension, accented with my with gel pen and with some inking around the edges of some of the die cuts.
Challenges:

14 comments:

  1. Totally love your layout.. This is amazing. I might have to scraplift this. I still need to work on my Hollywood pictures.

    Hugs,
    Patty
    creativediva98.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout- especially love the NYC skyline! Thanks for playing at Go Fish Challenges :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely looking LO. Stunning. thanks for playing with us over at FFC this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 100th post. Many more to come.

    Great layout!
    Hope you will come see my new projects when you get a chance.
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a star of a page. Im so glad you decided to share with us at For Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 100th post. Great layout as always.

    Have a great night

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! 100 posts and 400 followers. I thought I was following your blog. Shame on me.

    Love this layout with the nice bright colors.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love this layout!! I love the cityscape and the colors! Well done! :) Thank you for playing at For Fun Challenges!--Katy, GDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love the tiny bows! Thanks for playing along at Ribbon Carousel this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome LO. Love it. Thank you so much for joining us over at GoFish! Challenge . Hope to see you again.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun layout! Thanks so much for joining us at Go Fish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the added touches you did with the gel pen and bows. Love the bright stars as I agree goes with the glitz and glam of Hollywood.

    Thanks for playing "Anything BUT a Card" at For Fun Challenge. Hope to see you Wednesday when the new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing with For Fun! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those little gel pen accents really make the project! Thanks for joining us this week at For Fun Challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete