Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

April 13, 2012

Relax Layout

We have had a pretty wet and rainy Spring in Northern California and I am so looking forward to some sun which inspired me to create this layout.  I used the Life Is A Beach cartridge for the die cuts.  I added brackets around the title to highlight it which were cut from the Letter Envy cartridge.
The background paper and the patterned paper for the photo mats had a sheet of coordinating stickers which I incorporated into my layout.  The drink on the chair, the pineapple and the tiki face are all stickers which were popped up on foam dots to create dimension.
The border at the bottom of the layout was torn by hand and inked on the edges to give the appearance of sand on a beach.  I also inked the edges of the photo mat.
The chair was cut twice and offset to create a layer and embellished with Orange Truffle Trendy Twine.  I had seen a picture on Facebook of a beach chair with twine so I scrap lifted the idea.  I absolutely love how the chair looks with the twice accents.  
The flip flops were also embellished with Trendy Twine, however I used Chocolate Truffle twine instead.  Some bling finished off the flip flops.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

5 comments:

  1. Your pages are fantastic!!! Love the sting you used on the shoes and chair! Good luck on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ops spelling, should read string :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are great! Love the chair and flip flops! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool layout, I love the little tiki drink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Layout, I love all the "extras" you added! TFS

    bdcampers@msn.com

    ReplyDelete