Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

April 9, 2012

Road Trip Layout

Today I have another layout to share which was created using Hello Kitty Greetings, Hello Kitty Font and Letter Envy cartridges.  The car, luggage, butterflies and flowers were cut from the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge.  The title was cut from the Hello Kitty Font cartridge and the arrows were cut from Letter Envy.
To break up the patterned background, I added a solid green piece of card stock in the center of the layout which has a border punched with the Fiskars Effervescence border punch.
I used two layers of card stock for the photo mats and layered a strip of patterned card stock from my scraps on top of the photo mats.  They were finished off with some ribbon.
All of the die cuts were popped up on foam for added dimension and embellished with faux stitching and some doodling with my white gel pen.  A little bit of bling was added to the flowers and butterflies.
I used some Halloween Orange Licorice Trendy Twine to accent the luggage pieces and the Hello Kitty car.  The orange and black twine added the perfect accent to the die cuts.
Challenges:

15 comments:

  1. What a fun layout! Love all the detail!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable. Thank you for joining us at Exploring Cricut!

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great layout! Love all the details, and great way to use the HK cart. I will also have to break out my orange/black twine for this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your layout! Thanks for entering our challenge at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have this cartridge! It's very cute. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH!!! This layout is WAY TO CUTE!!! Love that cartridge!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your LO. I like the colors that you used

    I want Hello kitty so bad, just hoping that this cart goes digital for the ccr.

    vickiesscrappings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome layout

    Rosiemini@gmail.com
    Www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, Super adorable layout. Thank you so much for the inspiration you have given everyone.

    I created a layout this weekend also. I hope you can check it out.

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW!!! This is fantastic!!! I love all of the Hello Kitty cuts! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet!! I love all of your fabulous details! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fantastic piece! Thanks for entering the Alphabet Challenge.
    Emma - The Sparkly Fairy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This LO is just so fun!! I love it!

    PinkE
    Creations By PinkE
    www.simplypinke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete