Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

May 14, 2012

Make a Wish Layout

This past weekend was my son's birthday so I created this layout for some of his birthday pictures.  I had several challenges in mind when I designed this layout.
I used the Birthday Bash cartridge for all of the die cuts other than the tag which was cut by hand.
The title and all of the die cuts were popped up on foam for added dimension.
I used my white gel pen to add some faux stitching to the title and to the tag.
The tag was stamped with an image from the My Creative Time All Around Accessories stamp set.  I added different colors of Stickles to the stamped image. 
I used three different Cuttlebug embossing folders to emboss the balloons in order to give them some texture.  I also tied some Berry Red Trendy Twine to the balloons in place of the string.  The same twine was used to embellish the die cuts throughout the layout.
Challenges:

19 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love the mouse peeking out of the present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL love the mouse!!! Super cute layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout, especially all the details: twine, stitching, and embossing on the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loive the LO I need a LO for a girl. I may have to scraplift this Thanks for the inspiration.


    vickiescrappings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fun layout!!! I just love the embossing on your balloons!! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    ~ Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love all the twine and stitching you added! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this layout! It's so cute and I love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Time Throwback Thursday challenge! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous layout!!!! love all the embossing too! thanks for playing at My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!
    liz :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love all the twine for the balloon strings. Very cute idea. And you were so creative with how you used it everywhere else. Love it on the party hats too!

    You really twined it up!

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute layout! I love the colors you chose and all the embellies are fantastic! Thanks for joinng us at Krafty Girls!

    Stacey
    Krafty Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for following me:) I'm now following you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you made a Layout! That little mouse peeking out of the box is so super cute!!
    Thanks for playing along in the MCT TBTC :)

    Micia

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the layout! So precious and I absolutely love the color scheme. Thank you for joining us at the Getting Scrappy Challenge!
    Jen-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  14. This LO is awesome! I love the colors and that cute mouse peeking! I've never seen/noticed the "make a wish" cut! Time to dust of this cart LOL
    Thanks for playing with us at Krafty Girls!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This layout is really cute! I love the cheese present with the little mouse :) Thanks for playing with us at Getting Scrappy!
    Michelle GSDT

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG your layout is just too STINKIN' CUTE!AWESOME job with all the great details,Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable layout! Love the colors you chose! Fabulous job! Thank you for joining in the Throwback Thursday Challenge over at My Creative Time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome layout, love the colors you used


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOWZERS, what a gorgeous layout. The colors really pop and I LOVE the glittery truffle - YUMMY! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete