Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

May 5, 2012

Mom Layout

This layout was created during a 2 hour sketch challenge for the Cricut Circle Blog for National Scrapbooking Day.  I thought it would be fun to day a Mother's Day layout so that I could combine it with a few other challenges I have in mind.  I used the Florals Embellished cartridge to cut the four large flowers and the title of the layout.
I used a Fiskars border punch to create a border and break up the newsprint background.  All of the die cuts were popped up on foam for added dimension.
The journaling tag was cut by hand and embellished with Berry Red Trendy Twine and a zebra paper clip.
I also used some paper flowers to accent my layout and added some bling to all of the flowers.
This 2 hour challenge was a real challenge for me considering I can't create anything in 2 hours let alone photograph it and write up a blog post.
Challenges:

20 comments:

  1. Wow - you not only did a great job, you provided great details on the project! Super - love the newsprint and your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that tag and the newsprint background! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors your used for this layout. very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just beautiful! I love the details, given it was a timed challenge! Very impressive.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet. Love the design and flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the background paper and the little tag! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 hours .. yikes .. I'm impressed~ You did a great job and I think it's awesome that you got to do our challenge at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great lay-out, love the newspaper print and the great color combo! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Cutter Room.

    Tonya
    CCR DT
    ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout and great colours too. Thank you for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY sweet mom layout!!! LOVE those colors too!!!

    Thanks for joining us at CCR!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. For real...that IS a challenge. Who can scrap that quick but more importantly...who can photograph and blog it? LMBO! Thats awesome!
    I am so glad though that you shared this at SOUS and really think this is cool! Great design!
    Thanks so so much for sharing!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome layout! I like the tag you added, it could be perfect for journaling! :) Thanks for joining us at Krafty Girls!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.. amazing layout and in two hours.. holy moly!!
    thnx for playing along with us girls over at sous
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great 2hour layout...
    Love the colors and thanks for playing along with us at SOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great layout - and a super way to treasure a special photo of your mother!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful layout! I have a hard time making a card in 2 hours! lol

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutter Room:)

    Elaine
    CCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! Great layout. Thanks for playing along with us at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layout.......love the striking colour combo. 2 hours , Wow...great job:)
    Thanks 4 joining us at 'SOUS'

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete