Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

May 3, 2012

The Perfect Dress Layout

This layout is the first of a few layouts that I will be sharing which was created for pictures of my daughter's prom.  I know we will treasure these memories so I was very excited to create some layouts.
I used the Formal Occasion cartridge for this layout.  I am entering this layout in a challenge that required using Forever Young or similar cartridge.  I found Formal Occasion to be the perfect cartridge for a prom layout.
To stay with the formal theme of the prom, I started my layout with a foil paper background and used black, white and red to create my layout.
I also used some shiny paper for the die cuts so the layout would have an elegant and formal look to it. 
The title and dresses were all embossed with embossing folders to add some texture to the layout.
The dresses also received a little embellishing by adding some tulle, paper flowers, bling and pearl accents.
The photo mats have three layers and were finished off by wrapping them in Berry Red Trendy Twine.  The twine was the perfect accent to the photo mats.
All of the die cuts were popped up on foam dots for added dimension.
Challenge:

12 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Great dress cuts and the embossing is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow! I love how you did those dresses!! How fun and creative! GREAT LO! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

Docerela said...

Cool layout! Pretty dresses.


Thanks for sharing


Catarina

glassgraffitix2 said...

The recipient of this LO should feel special! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Madge said...

So stnkin Cute !!!! love the dresses with the tule and the cuttlebug folder the flowers are a great touch plus the colors are amazing.
Thanks for being a follower on my blog, and showing me some blogger love:) hee hee, I am one step closer to reaching my goal.
Thank you for leaving me your blog info so could come follow you too.
{love love}
Scrappin Madge

Christine said...

This is great for prom pics. TFS
--C

Michele said...

Absolutely LOVE your embossing on the dresses! You are right! A treasure of memories indeed! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week.
Michele
LMDT

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

What a very pretty layout! I'm sure you will treasure it. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

- Mel

Kimberly said...

love your Layout... super cute dress

Haven_mom4 said...

So glad your able to share this wonderful layout with us at lasting memories.

Saundra said...

Fabulous layout! I love the way you embossed and dressed up all the gowns! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!

Live Love and Scrap said...

Gorgeous layout!!! Love your color choices and embossing! Thanks for playing along with the Scrappy Moms!

hugs,
Sarah