Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

June 13, 2012

Guest Designer for Trendy Twine

I am back over for my second guest design day for Trendy Twine.  Trendy Twine is showcasing the Blue Berry twine this month so I have a card to share created with this beautiful twine.
This shaped card was created using the Kate's ABC's cartridge.  I took the butterfly jar cut on the cartridge and welded it using my Gypsy to create this card.
I discarded the dragonflies from the die cuts and just used the butterflies.  The centers of each of the butterflies were adhered to the card and I lifted up the wings to give them some dimension.
For the butterfly bodies, I started with a strand of twine and wrapped twine over the single strand and knotted the beginning and the end of the twine.  For the small butterfly I used a single piece of twine without wrapping it.
The butterflies were all finished off with some bling.  I used my white gel pen on the greenery for the card.
The top of the jar was also embellished with some twine by wrapping it around the top and finishing off with a twine bow topped off with a kraft button.
Remember the "You Make Our Hearts Flutter" challenge going on over at Trendy Twine, please click here for details.

12 comments:

  1. Super cute butterfly card. Thanks for sharing how you made the body of the butterfly. I was wondering what you wrapped the twine around. This blueberry is a great color.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project! Love the use of twine on the butterfly bodies! Such a creative card...no wonder you are one of the DT!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute creation. Love what you did with the butterflies body, very creative. Great use of the Trendy Twine on your project.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adore this butterfly jar card and using the twine to make the body - brilliant. TFS

    http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an awesome card!! I love shaped cards and your button is just a perfect and fun touch! Thanks for being a Trendy Twine guest designer! :)
    Kimberly
    Trendy Twine DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE! You come up with the most creative ideas. I love the butterflies with their bling and sweet twine bodies.

    You aren't really a guest ;) so thanks for joining the Trendy Twine DT.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shaped card! The colors are fabulous and the way you wrapped the twine on the butterflies bodies is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card. I really like how you wrapped the twine for the butterfly bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh those wrapped bodies are super cute and fun..love your butterlfy jar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on FB and fell in love! You are the Queen of Twine, you know! Love this unusual way to use it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am your newest stalker :) TY for the great twine ideas on this project!!
    Shelley
    http://shelley-scrapbookingforfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete