Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

June 20, 2012

Lazy Summer Days Layout

This layout was created with a couple of challenges in mind.  I challenged myself to participate in the Trendy Twine challenge even though as a Design Team member I don't qualify to win the prize. Remember you still have a few days to enter the challenge to win some Trendy Twine.  I found this patterned paper in my stash which made my layout super easy to create using the Summer Celebrations cartridge.
I only added four die cuts to my layout with lots of little embellishments to create this little outdoor scene.
I used the D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder for the tree top, Herringbone for the tire and Houndstooth for the basket on the bike.
I tied some Chocolate Truffle Trendy Twine to the tire swing and created a couple of twine butterflies with Blue Berry and Cherry Cupcake Trendy Twine.  The twine butterflies were created by wrapping some twine around a fork and just tying the center with a different color of twine, very simple to create.
Blue Berry twine was also used to embellish the bike.  I added a fun sentiment from Docerela Creations "Summertime" stamp set.
Some bling butterflies also completed the scene.  I added some paper flowers to the bicycle basket with some pearl stickers for the centers.  A few buttons accented with Trendy Twine finished off my layout.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

21 comments:

  1. Super layout - love all of the details on your bike - it is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout looks amazing. My favorite is that bicyle. I need to use mine, but admiring yours seems so much better. :)

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout!! I love all the beautiful details!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so cute! love every little detail!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout! I like all the elements and your clever use of twine to make the butterflies!

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO. Love the embossing, twine and that bike looks great my friend.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable layout! I love all the butterflies and twine! I really like the embossing on the tree too! Thanks for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout/scene. That tree with the swing is my favorite cricut cut. The bike is fabulous too. You brought everything together in such a cute scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty LO, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, this is so gorgeous!! All of the details you added are just fabulous!! Love the bike and the pretty embossing!! What a great layout!! Thanks so much for playing along at Krafty Girls and Paper Playtime :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your LO is adorable! I love all the extra touches you added. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Sukie, this is fabulous! So much detail on this and it's all so perfect. Love the whole summer theme.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fun and summer lay-out! Great bike and love all the details! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful layout! I love the bike! Thanks so much for joining us at Krafty Girls!

    Stacey
    Krafty Girls DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute. I love the little details like adding the bow to the cute little tire swing, and the cute and adorable bike.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great layout. I especially love the bike!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful layout! I just love that bike cut. ;) And all the embellishments and embossing! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love all the fun details on this layout..the twine butterfly..so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a super cute LO, I just love all your adorable details including your sweet twine butterfly! Thanks for joining us this week for our "Welcome Summer" challenge @ CTO :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic card, Sukie! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fun layout!! Great job and I love the trendy twine butterflies!
    Thanks for joining this month's Trendy Twine Challenge.
    Kimberly
    Trendy Twine DT

    ReplyDelete