Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 23, 2012

Create Layout

I generally don't scrapbook layouts about myself but wanted to memorialize a couple of fun pictures with a crafty friend of mine.  I created a layout which emphasized how much I enjoy scrapbooking. As my kids are getting older I find it easier to sneak into my craft room and create layouts to memorialize all aspects of our lives.  
For this layout I used three of my Cricut Circle Cartridges.  The title was cut from Out of Character, the border from Paper Trimmings and the scissors and tags with the sentiments were cut from Cricut Everyday.
To create this layout I started with some patterned paper and added a fancy border frame as another layer for my layout.  The scissors were cut using some metallic silver paper so they would look like a real pair of scissors. A silver brad was added to each of the scissors.
I added the "Create" title to a large tag, the title has six layers which gives it a lot of dimension against the tag.  I also added the "Live, Laugh, Scrap" and "Eat, Sleep, Scrap" sentiments to oversized tags.  
Each of the tags were embellished with some paper flowers with pearl centers and some crinkle ribbon topped off with a Chocolate Truffle Trendy Twine bow.
Each of the tags were inked on the edges to create some definition between the tag and the background of the layout.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

6 comments:

  1. Love your LO and the Details so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awsome! I only have the Cricut Everyday cart. I need to get my hands on outta character! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..again...Wow! Great layout!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! These tags are really great!!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute layout!!
    Thanks for joining us at HIMCR!
    Angela
    http://angelascraftyspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice layout. Thank you for sharing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete