Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 30, 2012

Diva Layout

I created this layout for some pictures of my daughter that were taken last year.  The pictures have very bright pink and red colors and every time I tried to create a layout the colors just appeared to be too overwhelming causing me too "scrap" my layout.  I was finally able to incorporate the colors of the pictures into a layout that I liked.
This layout was created using the Out of Character cartridge for the title and Elegant Edges for the red circles and for the scalloped circle in the center of the layout.
The title was popped up on foam for added dimension and for some interest between the title and the circle behind it.  I added a pearl sticker above the "i" in "Diva".
The photo mats were double matted and accented with some pink and red polka dotted ribbon.
The photo mats were finished off with a button and a Cherry Cupcake Trendy Twine bow.  The red and pink twine was the perfect accent for my layout.
I added lots of paper flowers to my layout in coordinating colors.  Each of the flowers were finished off with a pearl sticker center.

7 comments:

  1. Super cute...great bright colours!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful LO! Love the Colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout turned out fantastic. I can see how those bright colors and patterns could be a challenge to work with, but you pulled it off and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this layout! and I'm not normally into those colors, but I love this one! Fantastic job!

    Michele
    http://scrap-n-dance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this? I love all the embellishments!


    Andrea
    http://www.creativedesignsbyandrea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete