Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 9, 2012

Keepin' it Classy Card

Today is my design day over at Trendy Twine and I have a fun card to share featuring Berry Red Trendy Twine.  I created this card using the French Manor cartridge.
To create this card, I wrapped the twine around the the dress form frame.  I used pop dots between the black and white layers to give the card some dimension.
I created the twine skirt for the dress form by using a strip of tacky tape at the waist and then added strips of twine to the tape.  Once the twine was adhered to the tape I simply unraveled it.  Next, I braided some twine and wrapped it around the waist of the dress form and finished it off with a pearl sticker.
I added some more pearl stickers to the dress form to give it a more elegant look.
The card was finished off by adding a sentiment from My Creative Time's Classy & Fabulous stamp set.  The sentiment was stamped on a hand cut flag and tied to the card with some twine.
Trendy Twine has a fun challenge going on this month for a chance to win an Extreme Pack of Trendy Twine.  Please stop by the Trendy Twine blog for details on the challenge.

15 comments:

  1. This is really fantastic. I really like the added pearls too:)

    Annette
    mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Card. I love the pearls and I just love what you did with the dress form skirt.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome. I love the way you did that skirt! The pearls are such a cute touch. You go girl!!

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  4. great 0diea for the twine skirt. cool card

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you dressed the dress form with twine! So Creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun fun fun! I love the skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sukie, I love the way you unwrapped the twine for the skirt, and that wrapped frame is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful!!! The colors are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the skirt on this dress form! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so much Suki. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It always kills me when my twine untwists - now I can celebrate when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty and girly. Love how you did the skirt. Great DT project! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete