Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 2, 2012

Trendy Twine Design Day - Life Layout

I am so excited that today is my first official day as a Trendy Twine designer and I am participating in our first group post.  The Trendy Gals have some beautiful creations to share with you today and tomorrow so please stop by the Trendy Twine blog and check out all of the fabulous projects. 
This stars and stripes layout as I refer to it was created with the Stand and Salute cartridge.  For this single page 12x12 layout, I began with patterned paper from the DCWV Summer Stack which already had a patriotic theme.  I cut several stars from white glitter paper in 3 different sizes (2.0, 1.5 and 1.0 inches) and added them to the page on a diagonal.  The title was added to the top of the layout, however, I cut off 2 additional stars from the title so that it would fit better.  
The frame was added to the top of the stars with some pops dots and I added some twine stripes to my frame to give it a more patriotic appearance.  I used Berry Red Trendy Twine for the twine stripes, for outlining the stars and also added it to the star buttons.
Giveaway and challenge:
For a patriotic giveaway, Trendy Twine has teamed up with My Thoughts Exactly to bring you a fun prize.  Please pop over to the Trendy Twine Facebook page for details on the giveaway.  We are also having another fun challenge this month over at Trendy Twine.  To win some Trendy Twine all you have to do is create a project using red, white and blue (all three colors) along with coordinating Trendy Twine or embroidery floss.  Also, remember Trendy Twine has a July special in the store to celebrate the color of the month, Berry Red Trendy Twine.
Challenges:
Cricut Circle

33 comments:

  1. Loving all the twine you incorporated into your layout. Congrats again on your new DT position.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layout, I love the little star buttons w/the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout! I love the stars moving across the page and all the detail with the twine! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all those fabulous stars Suki, great job. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome LO Sukie. Love the details and all those stars running up and down the page. Very Creative use of our twine.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seeing stars! This is so cute and I love the stars with the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stars, stars everywhere and they are amazing. Love the way they draw your eye across the page to the photo mat. Wonderful idea! Thanks for joining us for the BBTB2 Patriotic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love all the stars!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally LOVE your use of twine in your project! It is fantastic!!! Thank you for submitting your project to A Homespun Affair color challenge!

    ~Tiffany AHA DT~
    angel4ever-thecraftyteacher.blogspot.com
    ahomepspunaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout. Love the twine and the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute layout! good luck on all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not always a huge star fan but you changed my mind. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project....love the twine. thanks for sharing it with us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sukie, this LO is gorgeous. I would love to have a whole book of all your layouts. I wouldn't even use them. I would just sit and flip though it over and over.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful layout, love the twine and stars, thanks for joining us at the BBTB2 Challenge, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome LO, Sukie! I don't know if I would have had the patience to wrap those stars. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that paper. Clever way to use the twine. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sukie! Great job on the twine!! and Makig the DT!! AWESOME!! We were so thrilled that you linked up with us @ A Homespun Affair for our Monthly challenge!! Great prizes from CTMH This month!! Good luck Dear!!

    xoxoxox

    Jessica www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com
    www.ahomespunaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did a fantastic job on your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cut layout. All those stars are great. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great layout! TFS and I am a follower of your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous Layout!!!Congrats on making the DT team!!!

    Creative M
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This layout is fabulous! I am so loving the twine around the stars. Never would I have thought to do that! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. FAbulous layout! Loving all the stars and your use of the twine is so creative! Thanks for sharing with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh - this is such a fabulous layout!! I love everything about this!!! THank you for sharing with us at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful layout. Love how you used the themed paper in the background and added your personal touch to it and made it that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty layout! Love the twine! Thanks for sharing at BBTB2!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh this is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us atBBTB2
    juliex

    ReplyDelete
  29. lovely! I really like how you made a shower of stars. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at BBTB2!

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a Fantastic Layout I love the stars!

    Thanks for joining the challenge @ A Homespun Affair
    Heather - DT Member
    www.iheartippity.com
    www.papercrafteranonymous.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for your adorable submission to A Homespun Affair July Color Challenge!

    ~Raquel AHA Design Team

    kraftykaboose.blogspot.com
    ahomespunaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete