Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

August 13, 2012

Trendy Twine Design Day

Today is my design day over at Trendy Twine and I have a simple card to share featuring Krazy for Kraft Trendy Twine.  For my project, I wanted to showcase how easy it is to stitch with twine.  With my Sew Easy Stitch Piercer I created some lines of holes on three sides of my card and with a needle I stitched around my card.  The stitching was finished off with a small twine bow.  To accent the twine stitching, I also added some faux stitching with my white gel pen along the edges of the card and to the flag.
To embellish my card, I cut four squares out of kraft card stock and embossed them with the Charles Cuttlebug embossing folder which created the chevron pattern.  The kraft squares were matted onto white card stock and adhered to my card.  I hand cut the flag and added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the Making Memories woven labels.
Trendy Twine has a fun challenge this month and the prize is 10 yards of Krazy for Kraft twine and 10 yards of each of the new Trendy Twine colors posted below, please stop by the Trendy Twine blog for details on the challenge.

13 comments:

  1. Your card looks Great. Love the embossing too and the stitching of twine around your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! That's such a fun idea to stitch with the twine. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome Sukie, love your use of the twine for the wonderful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have that embossing folder too :) I just love this whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the clean lines on the card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card. The neutral colors go perfect with the twine stitching.

    Thank you Sukie!

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stitching. Twine stitching rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love the embossing and I think you've made me decide to get a sew easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the twine stitching! Looks just perfect and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOve the stitching and the simple lines in this card. Makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete