Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

August 30, 2012

Twine Card

I created this card in an effort to showcase how twine can be used to add lots of details to a project. This card was created using the Walk in my Garden cartridge for the flowers and the Pooh and Friends cartridge for the clouds.
The fence was punched from a Martha Steward Border Punch and adhered to the twine grass.
For the twine grass I cut individual strands of Twisted Lime Trendy Twine.  I love the look of the twine grass, however, it was a little bit of work laying the individual pieces along the border of the card.
The Twisted Lime twine was also used to add a simple bow to the center flower stem.
The flowers were outlined with Strawberry Cupcake Trendy Twine and the clouds were outlined with Blue Berry Trendy Twine.
The butterfly was created with the Cherry Cupcake Trendy Twine by wrapping the twine on a fork and tying the center with Chocolate Truffle Trendy Twine.  The card was finished off with some bling.
Don't forget to check out the Trendy Twine store for 32 fabulous colors of twine, there's a little something for everyone!
Challenges:

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I have worked at Plastic card printing company and this card inspire me so much. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card. Thanks for showing different ways we can use twine.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Love all the different ways you used the twine! I really like the butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along at Krafty Girls! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea because I only look at twine like ribbon. Thank you for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty I just love what you did with the twine the butterfly is magnificent.

    Thank you for joining my DL.ART 1,000 posts Linky Party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this card is both cute and pretty at the same time i love what you did with the twine and how you turned a plain piece of cardstock into one so pretty

    ReplyDelete