Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

September 3, 2012

Trendy Twine Design Day

Today is our group design day over at Trendy Twine and this month we are featuring Chocolate Sprinkles Trendy Twine.  This color of twine is different than all of the other colors because it features a twist of soft baby blue with a single strand of brown running through the twist.  For my project, I altered a gift bag.  I used a plain white gift bag and layered it with a piece of solid blue card stock and then added a piece of patterned card stock.
Next I added the die cuts which came from the Baby Steps cartridge.  The clothesline had posts attached to it, however I trimmed those off the clothesline.  I opted to add twine to the clothesline by using two buttons on each end to anchor the clothesline.  I also added the Chocolate sprinkles twine to the gift bag handles and to the border.
I embellished the top of the bag with some tulle ribbon and created a ruffled border to soften the edges of the card stock. 
We have another fun Trendy Twine challenge going on this month.  Come link up with us by creating a project for a little boy with twine and ribbon.  Don't forget to check out the store for all of the fabulous new Trendy Twine colors, there are 32 colors to choose from now plus one more (Orangesicle) available later this month.  So go and check out the trendiest twine out there!

9 comments:

  1. why have I never thought to alter a plain bag before??? I'm stocking up on them this week! I just love your gift bag, especially the twine handle & tulle ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Sukie. Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this gift bag is just soooo sweet. Love the little clothes hanging from the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! Love the twine handle. Such a great idea. And that tiny clothesline is so precious.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! Love how you used this super cool twine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a fan of the cloths line embellishments so great job creating it with the twine.

    ReplyDelete