Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

February 25, 2013

Girlfriends Layout

This layout was created with a couple of challenges in mind.  My daughter is in her senior year of high school and will soon be in a new chapter of her life.  I wanted to memorialize a couple of pictures of her group of friends.  All of the sentiment embellishments represent momentos summarizing their high school years.
The title for the layout was cut from the Paisley cartridge and the flowers from Flower Shoppe.
I especially love this paper since the scalloped edge opens up to add hidden journaling or to tuck away other keepsakes.
Most of the embellishments for this layout came from my stash in a coordinated kit making this layout super easy to create.
I added Limeade Trendy Twine to the chipboard tag and flower.  A few pieces of bling were added to the top and bottom of the layout.
The flowers, mat and title were inked on the edges for added dimension.  The title was popped up on foam dots.
Since I used all of the tags from an embellishment set, I used twine to string them together and for a pop of color.
This banner was created by adhering the sentiments along a piece of twine.  A triple twine bow finished off the layout.
Challenges:

16 comments:

  1. What a super fabulous High School layout!!! Your daughter will love it! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW great job with your AWESOME layout,such a SUPER idea!!!Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer's Challenge!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the hearts with glitter and colors.
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout and I love how you used the twine on it for an extra added bonus. Great pages. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing our Twine Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout!! Love the tags.....thanks for joining us at My Creative Time!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute layout, love the banners. Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant Scrapbook Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun layout and Fabulous embellishments!! Great job and thanks so much for playing at the Go Fish Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love this layout!!! I should totally do more best girl friends layouts!!! Thank you so much for joining us in the My Creative Time challenge! I hope to see you in future challenges as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Daughter will love this layout. I like the bright happy flowers and all of the embellishments are perfect! Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a SUPER FUN LAYOUT!!! Your daughter will LOVE it! THank you for playing along!
    HUGS,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome layout! I think it turned out terrific! I'm SO glad you could join in the My Creative Time Designer Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete