Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

March 21, 2013

Birthday Princess Layout

This layout was created to scrapbook pictures of my daughter's 18th birthday.  I cannot believe how fast the years have flown by and she is now an adult.  She has always been a princess so I thought this was the perfect layout to memorialize this special day.
The Birthday Cakes cartridge was used for the title, the castle and the "18".  This cartridge has some fun hidden cuts on it.
The patterned card stock had Cinderella slippers and crowns on which was perfect for my layout.  I punched a border using the Martha Stewart Doily Punch and added it to the patterned card stock as an accent.
The title was embellished with a small paper flower, some pearl stickers and a Posy Trendy Twine bow.
Both the title and the castle were cut from glittered card stock.  I added some Stickles to the windows of the castle and a couple of flowers and bling.
The flag was hand cut and embellished with a 3D sticker and gold tulle which was also used on the photo mats.
The princess dimensional stickers were found in my stash.  I only had 3 of the princesses so I used what I had.
Lots of flowers were added to the layout to add to the princess theme.  The "18" was accented with a twine bow.
The large flowers looked a little plain on the layout so I added some Stickles to them for a sparkly affect.
Challenges:

11 comments:

  1. OMGsh.. this LO is gorgeous!! I love all of the details you have added. Just gorgeous!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya
    Blogging It Forward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous LO. Love the detail you added, they are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like all things Disney. Especially like embellishment on Belle's dress. Was kind of hard to see the wonderful layout with the dark background on your blog. Did you use Cricut cartridge to make the Disney Princess images. Thank you for entering PDE Anything Goes challenge. There's a challenge at Red Carpet Studio RCS28 Layers with Ribbon so if you used ribbon which I'm not recalling at the moment ck out the challenge & let her know I sent you.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh - how beautiful! A layout fit for a princess! Love all the pretty details and accents you used - totally gorgeous!

    Blogging it Forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice project!
    Blogging it Forward!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome LO! I was about to ask if you created the princesses but read your post ... Lots of fun detail!
    To answer your question (I did on my blog) about me creating regular layout the answer is yes and you just reminded me that I need to create more!
    Gaby
    Blogging it Forward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout!!!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon's Flower&Ribbon challenge!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job! I love how you have accented the dresses on the princesses!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    Blogging it forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect layout! The princesses are wonderful!

    Betty
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um wow is all I can really say. The details on here are just so beautiful! What a great layout!!!

    Hugs,
    Raven
    www.love4stamps.blogspot.com
    bloggin it forward

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!!!! I'll have to CASE this as my granddaughter loves princesses!!!!

    ReplyDelete