Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

April 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Layout

This simple layout was created using the Elmo's Party cartridge.  I found this cartridge about a year ago on clearance and could not pass it up because of the price.  I have finally broken it out of the clamshell to use it on this layout.
The cartridge has a fun font on it and the die cuts are super easy to layer.  I added a party hat to Elmo and brightened it up with some yellow Stickles.
I trimmed off the string on each of the balloons and added Black Licorice Trendy Twine for the string.
For the two balloons, I just tied the twine together in a knot to create a small bouquet.
Challenges:

13 comments:

  1. so cute love it bogging forward and i joined

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Elmo and your layout is super cute!

    Susie
    'BIF'
    http://scrappyrandomness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You call it simple, I call it cute! Like how your tied the string on the balloons!
    Gaby
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun layout! Gotta love Elmo!
    Kerry

    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and happy layout. TFS
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! And don't ya just LOVE Elmo?! The stickles on the hat are the perfect touch!! Thanks for joining All that Stickles yellow linky party!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable layout, Love ELMO!!
    hugs
    BIF

    ReplyDelete
  8. great LO on Elmo
    TFS
    from BIF group

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER fun layout,BEAUTIFUL job with it!!!Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!!! Way to use the colors!!! And I just love that background paper! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete