Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

January 5, 2015

Amusement Park Layout

Today I am sharing my very first project I created using my new Cricut Explore.  I was a bit intimidated by my new machine but was amazed at its simplicity.  I used the When I Was A Kid cartridge for the title, ferris wheel, banners and large doily. I used Miss Kates Cuttables for the small doilies and theme park foods.
The intricate cuts on the box of popcorn amazed me.  Each of the tiny lines and the word cut perfectly. Even the tiny hearts on the small doily cut so beautifully without any issues.  The circles are just perfect.
I added some bling to the ferris wheel to keep it from getting lost in the red background.  Cranberry Trendy Twine was used along the edges of the banner and on a couple of the die cuts.
I tucked in a small hand cut flag with a sentiment from the Scrappy Moms Picture Perfect stamp set.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my first Explore project.  Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME page Sukie!
    GREAT cuts and love the color combo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you loved your first experience with the explore. I felt the same trepidation when I got my Cameo, but love it.
    Lyne - BL
    For scrapbook inspiration follow me at Lynn’s Everyday Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome LO! I'm wondering if I should have asked for an Explore rather than a Cameo, which I have not removed from the box yet! EEEEKKKKK!!!!!!! The only turn off for me was you have to be connected to the internet to use it and my internet is iffy!!!!
    Miranda :) BL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you rocked your first Explore project, Sukie!! I love, love it!! This is so fun!! The cuts you used are fabulous!! You will be an Explore Pro in no time!! Awesome layout!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!!! I love this and I love the fact that this is your first project using your Cricut Explore. I love the colors and the cuts that you used! Aren't Miss Kate's Cuttables SVG's darling! Great Job!! Loves-Madge BL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sukie, this is gorgeous! I'm still so amazed at how perfectly the Explore and Silhouette machines cut... they're dream machines, that's for sure! We demand a lot of out them, don't we?! :o) Your amusement park layout is stunning! You've so beautifully captured the fun and cheerfulness that accompany such an excursion. The bright colors and patterns, fun banners, and of course the sweet food cuts! (LOVE Miss Kate Cuttables!) I love the sweet accents of twine and sparkles throughout. How I adore your creations, my friend! You are one talented cookie. :o) (Or candy apple?!) Have a happy day, Sukie!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! I knew that you would LOVE using a machine that can cut so intricately and uses SVG files :) Your layout is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh what an awesome layout!!!! You always rock the Cricut so no doubts yku would Rick the new machine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun. I miss my Cricut. I have had my Portrait for a year now and still don't understand how to use that thing but I try! I love your double layout and how fun the pieces are you added.


    Shanna BL

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous layout!! And I love my Explore for the tiny details too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute layout! I too like my explore. I have cut chipboard and it cut like butter. I can't wait to see what else you create. :) BL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, what a fun and colorful layout! So many adorable cuts and fun little details! Congrats on your first project with the Explore! I am sure you will love it!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is amazing, Sukie. I'm so excited that you will be doing more layouts, too. I LOVE them!

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique & Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete