Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

January 15, 2015

Valentine Penguin Gift

Over Christmas I saw lots of gifts created with the idea of inserting an EOS lip balm.  With the holiday season I never had the opportunity to create one myself.  Now that things have settled down after the holidays I have been spending some more time in my craft room.
I think these make the most adorable gifts.  The EOS lip balm just opens up and is inserted into the hole and then closed on the back side.  I have seen these made with Snowmen, Santa and Reindeer noses.  For Valentines, there are some fun ideas with cupids, bears and flowers.  The possibilities are endless and they are super easy to make.
I cut the penguin at 5.5 inches so it is a pretty big size.  The hole for the EOS lip balm needs to be cut at 1.43 inches for it to fit properly.  I put my penguin in a large clear bag and tied some Peppermint Stick Trendy Twine to a scalloped tag with a sentiment from the Scrappy Moms Just Sayin stamp set.
Challenge:

22 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I want to make my daughter one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this made me smile!! I love it!! What a creative idea and such a fun gift!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Soooo cute!! BL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen ones like this too and will be making them for my son's class for Valentine's Day rather than a candy treat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sukie, this is positively darling! There is never a lack of inspiration here. :o) The penguin is adorable and I love how the possibilities truly are endless with this design! The added heart is such a sweet touch for Valentine's and I love the pretty bows! Fabulous work as always, my friend! I'm glad you have more crafty time because that means more happy posts from you! :o) Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! Totally cute!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaw, what a darling penguin and such a FUN and great idea! Wow, I can see a lot of possibilities also...cute, cute Sukie!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I can't tell you how smitten I am with this! I mean really! What a cleaver idea and it's too cute to detach! REALLY!!! LoVe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is so cute and clever! Great gift! I love those lip glosses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the cutest!! My girls COLLECT the EOS so this would be a great way to gift wrap them! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at that Penguin his just huggable... I want it, LOL!
    Thanks for joining DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.
    DT-Shirl

    ReplyDelete
  12. super cute treat bag from BL group

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGosh! I need this ;) It's adorable, Sukie.

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique & Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable gift idea! Love it! BL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I just LOVE this fun little treat, such an AWESOME idea!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute is that! I want to now make some! Awesome job!

    Your BL friend Tonya :-)

    ReplyDelete