Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

February 23, 2015

Bakery Shop Card

Today I have a fun card that was completely inspired by Pinterest.  There are many, many versions of this "awning" card on Pinterest and after searching for some time I could not find where it actually originated to give credit.  For my version of the card I used the Sweet Treats cutting file from KaDoodle Bug Designs.  I embossed my cupcakes with the Sizzix Damask and Scallops and Lines embossing folders.  The strip at the top of the awning was also embossed.
The edges of the striped paper were punched with the Fiskars Apron Lace border punch.  The cupcakes were popped up on foam dots for dimension and the hearts were embellished with Stickles for a bit of sparkle.  A bow in Bubblegum Taffy Trendy Twine accented the middle cupcake.
A few coordinating enamel dots and a sentiment from the Scrappy Moms Birthday Hugs stamp set were the finishing touches on my card.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is so fun, Sukie!! I love the colors and the design!! The texture on the cupcakes is fabulous!! This is the cutest card - I absolutely love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card! I love the bright colors and embossing! BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo stinkin' CUTE!!!! LOVE that paper! Makes it look so bright and cheery and makes me want to walk right into a cupcake shop! LOVE it! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, love the embossing, great texture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your card Sukie!!!!!!!
    So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This is soooo adorable!! BL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sukie, this card is out of this world! SO awesome!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers Sukie, this is AWESOME!!! I LOVE the texture and the cupcakes look scrumptious!
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is over the top stinkin' cute adorable!!! The awning on the card really stands out! Great job!

    Your BL friend Tonya :-)

    ReplyDelete