Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

May 1, 2015

National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop!

Hello!
WELCOME to the 
National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop!!

You should have arrived here from Dottie, but
if not, you can start at Jessica in the beginning!

Today, some of the best Scrapbooking bloggers I 
know teamed up to present a 
WONDERFULLY AMAZING
blog hop to celebrate ALL us Scrapbookers 
FAVORITE HOLIDAY -
National Scrapbook Day!

Some info on National Scrapbooking Day:

Each year on the first Saturday in May, it is National Scrapbook Day. 

Also known as National Scrapbooking Day, on this day thousands of people get together all over the country to celebrate with scrapbooking parties and share their talents with others. 

Scrapbooking dates back to the 15th century.

As per Wikipedia: “Scrapbooking is a method for preserving personal and family history in the form of a scrapbook. Typical memorabilia include photographs, printed media, and artwork. Scrapbook albums are often decorated and frequently contain extensive journaling. Scrapbooking is a widely practiced pastime in the United States.”

Scrapbooking is a hobby of preserving memories and at the same time it provides a strong social network.

  ”Scrappers”, as they are called, get together and scrapbook at each others homes, local scrapbook stores, scrapbooking conventions, retreat centers and have even gone on cruises.  Together they share tips and ideas and enjoy the social outlet.

Scrapbookers are often referred to as "Paper Hoarders".

How about those journaling tidbits facts??? 

Now, enough with the facts, lets get to the good stuff!

Today, we have two Sponsors!

Our first sponsor is:
A pack of National Scrapbook Month Paper from 
AND
a Free Mini Stamp set with EVERY SIZE order in her 
online store until Sunday night at Midnight!
And our second sponsor:
Jessica
A set of Kiwi Lane Templates
Tiny Shapes! 
In order to be eligible to win, you must do the following:
1. Follow all blogs!
2. Be sure to comment on ALL blog posts!
3. Follow Craftin and Stampin  on Facebook!
4. Follow Stampin and Craftin on Facebook!
5. For extra chances to win, take a picture of YOUR 
completed layouts this weekend, and post to Instagram with 
the tag ‪#‎craftinandstampinnationalscrapbookday2015‬ and each 
completed layout gets an extra chance at winning!

You have until Monday at 8:00 AM to hop and 
to be entered to win!
Winners will be announced on Wednesday on 
both Sponsor Blogs!

Now, who's ready to celebrate with some 
AWESOME LAYOUTS

Recently my son got his braces off so I wanted to memorialize this fun event by creating a layout.  I found these adorable cuts on the Dr. Checkup Cricut cartridge.
The boy's faces were stamped with the Boymates Peachy Keen face stamps, however on the left side of the page, I used the braces die cut since I will be adding a picture of my son with his braces to that page.
My layout was embellished with some fun chevron washi, a few scattered enamel dots and a couple of coordinating brads.  A bit of Orangesicle Trendy Twine was used as an accent on each of the pages.
I tucked in a small journaling tag behind one of the photo mats with a sentiment from the Scrappy Moms Mini Messages stamp set.  A chevron embossing folder was used for the circle behind the boys face.
Let's get to hopping!!!
Next, please be sure to hop to Michele

Here is the blog lineup in case you get lost!
Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!!

24 comments:

  1. Awesome layout! Love all the Cricut cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your AWESOME LO Sukie!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable layout. I love all the cuts that you chose and colors. Great job!! Happy National Scrapbook Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I hate that I didn't get pictures when my son got his braces off! Love the papers and all the little details. The die cuts are fabulous! Wonderful job ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy National Scrapbook Day! Fantastic LOs! Love of all the cricut cuts!!! Been a follower forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, what an awesome layout this is!! What a perfect way to document the removal of braces!! Those little faces are so sweet!! Love this my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sukie...AWESOME layout!!! New Follower! Happy NSD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sukie... this is such a CA-UTE Layout!! LOVE the BG Paper and the sweet bows.... just perfect for those pictures you want to capture!!!! Have a great weekend! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layouts are always THE BEST! This one is no exception. Absolutely wonderful!
    Happy NSD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute layout I'm sure will tir many memories

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this LO! I also love the Dr Check Up cartridge !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous braces memory page.. great elements and colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super Duper cute!! You make the best LO ever!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is FANTASTIC Sukie! I love the fun papers and the title! The expression on the faces are so stinken cute!!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  15. super duper adorable LO- great hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so fun! I love that documenting this! BL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing Layout! You are the queen of layouts and this one proves it! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sukie, this is adorable and so perfectly tailored to the occasion! Don't you love how you can find the perfect *everything* these days?! :o) The faces are adorable and I love the titles! The color palette is marvelous and your layout designs are always wonderful. Beautifully done, my friend! I hope you're having a blessed weekend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. to cute. cant wait to see it finished with photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your layout is just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. super cute! I will have to remember this when my kid gets braces soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome LO. I love how you're not afraid to use bold background paper! wow. I think I'll try it too. TFS! I’m stopping by to give you some Bloggie Love! Thanks for your dedication to commenting on and sharing my work.

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW WOW WOW! Great job on this layout!!!! SUPER cool cuts!!!!

    Thank you SO much for all your work you did to be in my blog hop!

    ReplyDelete